Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My custom speaker cables! How to terminate them?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   BryanDO

BryanDO

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 04:21 AM

http://www.venhaus1....fivecables.html

about 20 hours later and a cramped thumb I got a set of these! Fortunately, being a telecommunications technician everything was free and readily available. I'm now looking to terminate the cables. One end will be banana plugs, but my speakers don't have banana plugs, they simply use a binding post with a hole in it. I wasn't able to find spades large enough. Just curious what the best connection option there is for this type of binding post?

I think everyone should give these a try! Very easy to make and apparently sound better than much more expensive cables. Check out the reviews.

Thanks.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   BryanDO

BryanDO

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 03:42 AM

After contacting Athena, I found out my speakers do take banana plugs! Sorry about the useless thread, feel free to delete it, thanks.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter

• 1,869 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 07:32 AM

Well if somebody wanted to know that didn't have banana plugs as an option. I say "don't terminate. Just twist the leads together, apply solder to the tip to bind the leads together, and use that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users