What's new

OLYMPIA -The LENI RIEFENSTAHL Archival Collection June 27th (1 Viewer)

TimJS

Second Unit

Pathfinder is releasing a two disc SE of this legendary film by the notorious Leni Riefenstahl on the 27th.

SPECIAL FEATURES: (subject to change)
Two disc limited edition containing over 5 hours of material including JUGEND DER WELT (“Youth of The World”) Official Documentary of the 1936 Winter Olympics at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, DIE KAMERA FAHRT MIT (“The Camera Goes Along”) 1936 Documentary by Bavaria-Filmkunst featuring footage from Leni Rifenstahl’s films OLYMPIA and TRIUMPH OF THE WILL. Deleted Scene ("Olympia Oath"), Biography, Still Gallery, German with ON/OFF English subtitles and English language, Dolby 2.0 audio, Essays by film historian David Calvert Smith, Trailers.

Tim

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The basis and quality of this release might be questioned from a number of perspectives.

TimJS

Second Unit

Well, I suppose the fact you didn't elaborate should speak volumes to me...

I know Pathfinder's Chabrol Collection wasn't too hot, but beyond that, I don't know anything about them.

Mr. Harris, would you care to give odds on a better release coming from some other source down the road?

Best Wishes,
Tim

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So does this include Olympia 1 and 2?

Also, I think Criterion was planning on releasing this for several years but it never happened.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I'm all over this if this turns out to be a quality release. They have a rinky-dink trailer on their website so it's hard to tell what the picture'll look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks