Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

OLYMPIA -The LENI RIEFENSTAHL Archival Collection June 27th

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   TimJS

TimJS

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

Pathfinder is releasing a two disc SE of this legendary film by the notorious Leni Riefenstahl on the 27th.

SPECIAL FEATURES: (subject to change)
Two disc limited edition containing over 5 hours of material including JUGEND DER WELT (“Youth of The World”) Official Documentary of the 1936 Winter Olympics at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, DIE KAMERA FAHRT MIT (“The Camera Goes Along”) 1936 Documentary by Bavaria-Filmkunst featuring footage from Leni Rifenstahl’s films OLYMPIA and TRIUMPH OF THE WILL. Deleted Scene ("Olympia Oath"), Biography, Still Gallery, German with ON/OFF English subtitles and English language, Dolby 2.0 audio, Essays by film historian David Calvert Smith, Trailers.

Tim

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Lead Actor

• 7,610 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:43 PM

The basis and quality of this release might be questioned from a number of perspectives.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   TimJS

TimJS

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Harris
The basis and quality of this release might be questioned from a number of perspectives.

Well, I suppose the fact you didn't elaborate should speak volumes to me...

I know Pathfinder's Chabrol Collection wasn't too hot, but beyond that, I don't know anything about them.

Mr. Harris, would you care to give odds on a better release coming from some other source down the road?

Best Wishes,
Tim

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 02:16 AM

So does this include Olympia 1 and 2?

Also, I think Criterion was planning on releasing this for several years but it never happened.
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   AndrewR

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 01:21 PM

I'm all over this if this turns out to be a quality release. They have a rinky-dink trailer on their website so it's hard to tell what the picture'll look like.
"He donates plasma to widescreen TVs."

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kenny Neal

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR
They have a rinky-dink trailer on their website so it's hard to tell what the picture'll look like.

The film in the trailer is quite dirty, and looks like it has videotape tracking noise at the bottom... not a great sign.

http://www.pathfinde...ov/olympia.html
The Journal of Ephemeral Inspiration
Finest Kind.

Forum Nav Content I Follow