Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

OLYMPIA -The LENI RIEFENSTAHL Archival Collection June 27th

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   TimJS

TimJS

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

Pathfinder is releasing a two disc SE of this legendary film by the notorious Leni Riefenstahl on the 27th.

SPECIAL FEATURES: (subject to change)
Two disc limited edition containing over 5 hours of material including JUGEND DER WELT (“Youth of The World”) Official Documentary of the 1936 Winter Olympics at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, DIE KAMERA FAHRT MIT (“The Camera Goes Along”) 1936 Documentary by Bavaria-Filmkunst featuring footage from Leni Rifenstahl’s films OLYMPIA and TRIUMPH OF THE WILL. Deleted Scene ("Olympia Oath"), Biography, Still Gallery, German with ON/OFF English subtitles and English language, Dolby 2.0 audio, Essays by film historian David Calvert Smith, Trailers.

Tim

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Lead Actor

• 7,757 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:43 PM

The basis and quality of this release might be questioned from a number of perspectives.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   TimJS

TimJS

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:59 PM

Well, I suppose the fact you didn't elaborate should speak volumes to me... I know Pathfinder's Chabrol Collection wasn't too hot, but beyond that, I don't know anything about them. Mr. Harris, would you care to give odds on a better release coming from some other source down the road? Best Wishes, Tim

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 02:16 AM

So does this include Olympia 1 and 2? Also, I think Criterion was planning on releasing this for several years but it never happened.
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   AndrewR

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 01:21 PM

I'm all over this if this turns out to be a quality release. They have a rinky-dink trailer on their website so it's hard to tell what the picture'll look like.
"He donates plasma to widescreen TVs."

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kenny Neal

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 02:14 PM

The film in the trailer is quite dirty, and looks like it has videotape tracking noise at the bottom... not a great sign.

http://www.pathfinde...ov/olympia.html
The Journal of Ephemeral Inspiration
Finest Kind.