Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Topic: Cable TV, DVD Player and my 37 in 1080p LCD HDTV... Help Please :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   turner

turner

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 10:08 PM

Ok so I bought this TV after seeing a great sale and reading solid reviews.

Westinghouse 37in 1080p LCD HDTV

after looking at it, I noticed there is not cable CATV input on the back. In my appartment there is just a CATV jack in the wall and cable being pumped into it. How exactly am I going to get cable on this tv?

Also can someone reccomend a DVD Player for this TV? Nothing to horribly expensive. I am NOT looking for HDDVD or Blu-Ray Support unless they are CHEAP.

It arrives June 30th, so I got some time to figure this out.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 10:50 AM

The trouble is the fact that you didn't buy a TV -- you bought a monitor. Now that's NOT necessarily a bad thing but there's no TV Tuner on board and that somewhat limits what you can do. Basically it means you have to have a cable set-top-box from the cable company but you'll need one anyway to get digital channels and HD via the cable. The coax from the wall will go to the STB. For your TV display, you'll need to feed it via component, HDMI or DVI inputs. An HD cable box should have component output and you'll use that. You can use the component (good) or HDMI (probably better) for connecting up the DVD player.
I am not young enough to know everything. -Oscar Wilde-