Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Smurftastic!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   ethanTo

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 01:52 PM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=5828

My question is this, how do you guys think that they will release the Smurfs? By season? 5 fairly large volumes? I'm sure most people don't realize, but the amount of Smurfs produced is pretty staggering. I hope they will find an effective and 'complete' way to market them. Posted Image

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 06:22 PM

They should put 2 seasons in each set because there's only about 12-13 episodes in each season. There's nine seasons altogether and a little over 100 total shows.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   ethanTo

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 08:21 PM

TV.com shows
Season 1 - 26 episodes
Season 2 - 36 episodes
Season 3 - 33 episodes
Season 4 - 26 episodes
Season 5 - 24 episodes
Season 6 - 36 episodes
Season 7 - 36 episodes
Season 8 - 16 episodes
Season 9 - 24 episodes

(This is taking into consideration the fact that an 'episode' fills a half-hour time slot, and can be comprised of either 1 22 minute segment or 2 11-minute segemtns.)

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   ChadKo

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 01:24 AM

I think they should do what Garfield & Friends did. It worked well and its similar

Chad

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   florence franks

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 01:31 AM

Color me shocked if this actually is getting the proper season set treatment. Its been on the top of my list for ages but I figured the odds were so low it would never happen. I guess there is one good thing out of that silly CGI smurf film coming, we will likely get a dvd out of it, maybe another if sales are okay.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 12:21 PM

Quote:
TV.com shows
Season 1 - 26 episodes
Season 2 - 36 episodes
Season 3 - 33 episodes
Season 4 - 26 episodes
Season 5 - 24 episodes
Season 6 - 36 episodes
Season 7 - 36 episodes
Season 8 - 16 episodes
Season 9 - 24 episodes

So where in this run Granpa Smurf and the abominable Smurflings first show up?
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 01:25 PM

I'm reading it by airdates; there were generally 12-13 hour shows per year. Although now I'm confused because tv.com says it's a 30 minute show. I'm not sure if they mean it was 30 minutes in syndication, or 30 minutes when it originally aired on Saturday mornings. And they list the segments as "episodes," thereby claiming about 420 episodes. (420 episodes...I knew those Smurfs were stoners!) But I can't remember if it was an hour show or not. Anyone recall for sure? If there were 12-13 hour shows in a season, then certainly 24 or 26 hour shows can fit in one dvd set.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   ethanTo

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 04:10 PM

As early as episode 3x01, actually, in ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, comes BABY SMURF!

Wikipedia-- read it, it is hilarious!
Quote:
Baby Smurf first appeared in the eponymous comic issue (and in the cartoon episode, Once In A Blue Moon), where he was delivered by a stork on a blue moon night in the smurf village. The smurfs first thought it was Smurfette's biological baby and tried to find out who was the father, but they abandoned the idea as they lived with the toddler, who was mostly taken care by Smurfette and Papa Smurf.

It was later found out that Baby Smurf was sent by some mysterious unnamed people by a stork, when they sent the stork back with a written message. It claimed that Baby Smurf was delivered in error and that they had to take him back. The smurfs were revolted by this, and Grouchy Smurf, the smurf who was the least expected to show attachment to the baby, ran away with him into the forest so that he wouldn't be taken back. After a dangerous runaway, he had to return... without anger from his peers, as they felt sympathetic towards him due to his unusual caring attitude. The stork took the baby but came back with him, with another message that claimed that the senders were touched by Grouchy's story and thought that the smurfs deserved to keep Baby Smurf after all.

Baby Smurf also has some special powers that no one knows about and he used them to make Father Christmas's reindeer fly. Baby Smurf also was the only Smurf to be pure-hearted enough to open Puppy's magic pendant. He also had a grasp of algebra that surpassed even Papa Smurf.

That sacrifice thing has sort of an abraham-isaac theme, I think!

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 02:57 AM

Wasnt 1 thread enough ? You posted the same thing in 3 diffrent threads, lol !!!!!
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   The BIGGEST Smurf fan

The BIGGEST Smurf fan

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 03:04 AM

Hell no !!!

Forum Nav Content I Follow