What's new

The Secret World of Alex Mack (1 Viewer)

ColinFa

Auditioning
Real Name
Col
Ok other forums discuss Old Nick shows but this one mainly centers on Alex Mack? I'm wondering why Nickelodeon hasn't released this hit yet. (it is after all ranked 80th for unleased rank.) Does anyone know why Nick is holding out on this and its many other classics? Please leave your opinions on the matter. :)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I would love Alex Mack box sets! Just saw Laryssa Oleynik guest starring in several episodes of my 3rd rock season 4 dvd set and realized how much I miss that show. I'd buy it!

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that Nick should release there old shows. Especially Are You Afraid of the Dark?, instead they are losing sales because people are either importing season one from Canada or buying bootlegs. I know I would buy several classic Nick series if they were released.

John*P

Second Unit
I had a tremendous crush on Larisa Oleynik during my teen years and I loved watching this show every week on SNICK. I would definitely buy all seasons of this show on DVD if they were released. (I never did get to see the finale...)

It's current Unreleased Ranking on TVShowsOnDVD.com of 79th is surprisingly high, IMO...

Hopefully when/if Paramount gets the Nick Rewind collection back on track, we'll see The Secret World of Alex Mack seasons released on DVD...

tommyST

Auditioning
Real Name
tommystewart

Was the rewind collection successful? The Reason I ask is because there was only one season of Clarissa released, but three of "pete and pete"

and if I'm not mistaken 'are you afraid of the dark' is available at amazon.ca

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

Are You Afraid of the Dark? Season One is a Canadian only release because Nickelodeon owns the DVD rights in the United States.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty sure Pete and Pete were a success. They have ranked high on online rankings like Amazon, Walmart.

I heard some news, and Nickelodeon if they do this I would be so mad. If they decide to release the show All That, the plan as of now is for season sets of season 7-10, and Best Of's for season 1-6.

Apprently Nickelodoen isn't sure if the old All That would sell. I have a message of them, it well. Watch the Best Of's the old All That, trounce season sets of the new All That in sales.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I would prefer some classic Nicktoons, but what's ironic is that Nickelodeon/Paramount isn't even releasing this!

Now if only the same thing would happen for "Rocko's Modern Life".. sigh.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Is anyone else having trouble finding Alex Mack Season 1? My Best Buy and Circuit city both said they didn't carry it... I hope I can find it at target... This really bites.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, no B&M's have it thus far. Borders, Barnes, FYE, Walmart, Target, BB, CC, I've checked everywhere. I guess I should have ordered it online. Anyone have any luck?

Josh_HI

Second Unit
This totally stinks..I still can't find it... How do they expect it to sell if no one has it? I wonder if I should just wait a while and hope stores get it...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I just got this from Amazon today...I love Jessica Alba just as much as the next guy, but man, for a three-episode appearance, they're really pushing her. Poor eternally underrated cutie Larisa Oleynik.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Because not everything that has ever aired on Nick was produced by Nick. :)

This is one example. A couple of other examples are Mysterious Cities of Gold and Belle & Sebastian (or is that Sebastian & Belle? I forget!).

RHI Entertainment owns SWoAM, and Genius distributes RHI's stuff on home video.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Josh - If I were you I'd print out some pages of it and ask your stores why they don't have it. If any of them say that they'd be happy to order it for you - then go for it!

Glenn

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Shoot, if you're going to go to the trouble of printing pages and placing special orders at stores, why not just order from Amazon or other online place?

If you don't have a credit card and need to pay cash/check, then try ordering it at Borders or Barnes & Noble; bookstores are more efficient than anyone else, in my experience, in fulfilling special orders.

Matthew H

Second Unit
That actually brings up a good question..

Is this how John Kricfalusi is able to release the inevitable uncut ultimate Ren & Stimpy collection? Although Spumco only did the first season, I wondered how this was possible. There's also been talk online that Joe Murray's trying to put out a Rocko's Modern Life collection without Nick's involvement.

Is this because they're the creators? I always wondered how that worked..

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I would love to see Rocko's Modern Life on DVD. Ren & Stimpy was done by Sumpco for season 1 & 2, Games Animation took over seasons 3, 4, and 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks