What's new

ITunes help.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had to do a system restore on my computer. All of my files and programs were save. But, when I went back to Itunes. All of my songs and playlists were gone. Is their a file where they are located? And almost all of my songs are on my ipod. Can I transfer them back from the Ipod to Itunes??

Thanks!

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
You can plug in your IPod and transfer all the songs back to ITunes. Coping them to your Library folder might be the easiest.

I don't know about restoring your playlists.

Hope this helps.
Al

Joe Pick

Stunt Coordinator
Are you on a Mac or PC? On a Windows machine, check your "My Music" folder for your iTunes library. Do you back up? You can always restore from backups, obviously. To copy music from an iPod into iTunes, you need third party software you can Google.

Good luck.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Joe, not entirely true.

Plug your ipod into your computer. Open its disk drive up via My Computer. Make sure "show hidden files and folders" is enabled.

Open up one of the hidden folders and you'll see a million other folders with random names. Inside each one of these is a file with a random combination of letters and numbers. Select all of these folders and copy them to "My Music". Then, go to itunes, and add all of those folders (or simply just the "My Music") folder to your Library. Bang! All of your music is on your computer and in itunes.

The trick is that even though the ipod names the files something bogus, it keeps the mp3 tag data. So, if you want to use the files elsewhere, you'll have a lot of re-naming on your hands (something other programs can do...), but if you just want to use them in itunes, problem solved.

Just a little trick I learned....hope it helps!!

~Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks