Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon DVD-1920 - Opinions? Advice?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 WendellW

WendellW

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted June 08 2006 - 11:35 AM

Just bought a Denon DVD-1920 to be (not opened yet) my "temporary" DVD player for my new Samsung (also just ordered) 1080p/i DLP. Now I'm concerned that this was not a good choice, seeing occasional "iffy" comments about Faroudja chips, et al.. Any comments from anyone? I've always had good experiences with Denon gear, but admittedly, this is my first HDTV purchase - don't want any mistakes. I know it has a Faroudja chip, and I'm reading all of this questionable stuff. Anyone want to chime in here?
Thanks!

#2 of 2 Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted June 08 2006 - 12:58 PM

The 1st generation of 1920's did seem to have more issues than the production runs that followed. I've got a 1920 purchased late last year and it works great. I may be a less critical viewer than some but I've got absolutely no complaints for DVD, SACD or DVD-A playback. Nit: I don't like the way it handles data CD's (MP3s or JPGs) but for DVD-V I love it.
I am not young enough to know everything. -Oscar Wilde-