What's new

Blade (1 Viewer)

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone else interested in this new series that starts in June? I've seen a couple previews and in. Anyone know anything about it?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I don't know much about it, but I plan on checking it out.

I'd assume it carries on after the movies, but who knows? It could be set prior to them, or it could be different take entirely (not tied to the films).

Anyone know for sure?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I read something about it saying they will get to deal a lot more with his origins and what made him 'blade'. So I would think before the films timeline, but most likely in their own universe as well. Kinda like Smallville.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i haven't seen any clips or trailers, but i'm guessing this will be very lame :P
weekly martial arts action shows are always badly choreographed, and unless you have good writing, they'll probably try to expand the mythology of the Blade Universe beyond it's already craptastic self from the third movie of the 'trilogy'.

hope i'm wrong!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, that definitely can be a concern.

However, I thought that the fights (while not always perfect) were done pretty well in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel".

Blade is kind of "Buffy with guns" anyway, so they could pull it off.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Wish I could remember the specific sources, but I seem to recall having read some positive buzz about this. I'll certainly give it a few episodes at least.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
A few dvds I have watched lately have had a trailer for this series. The odd thing is: my dvr does not find any listing on SPIKE other than the actually movies themselves? So, I can't set my dvr to record these....:frowning:

Joel C

Screenwriter
The preview looks pretty bad, poor production values and awful acting. The guy playing Blade has nothing approaching Snipes' screen presence.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The only redeeming factor looks to be the SMOKING hot chick that will be in the show. :)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh guys, please don't tell me that. I was actually looking forward to seeing this. I'll check it out anyway because I'm a sucker for these type of horror/sci-fi shows.

By the way, I knew the dude playing Blade looked familiar but...Sticky Fingers????? LOL. WTF? That motha' fu--- used to be crazy. He's now a reliable, professional actor? :D

Good thing he wears sunglasses all the time because if I recall correctly, he's got a lazy eye. I guess there aren't going to be any close ups of Blades green eyes like in the movies. :D

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
So did anyone catch this last night? I was severely rolling my eyes and checking my watch throughout the first half hour or so...needless to say the acting was cringe-inducing at times (Sticky Fingers I'm looking in your direction...the mercury girl was a little rough around the edges too). But once things got going and a little more action was involved I started to come around on it. The one thing that sort of stuck out to me though is that Blade appears to me much more vunerable in this...no way in the movies would Blade have gotten touched during a fight with some of those lower level vampires. It kind of took a little away from his badass persona. Although with this being a series, if Blade goes through and whoops everyone's ass in the first 5 minutes, what else are you going to do?

Anyway...it was mildly entertaining so I'll give it another shot and see if it continues to even out its stride. Plus, with the extremely sour taste that Blade 3 left in my mouth I'm craving some good Blade action, so hopefully this one will eventually deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks