SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering about this on DVD any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
If they release a new pristine restored anamorphic transfer for this, that would be an outrage! :D

Joe:C

Second Unit
I'd love to see this movie released on dvd. If we can get The Wizard, Howard can't be too far behind!!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It's my understanding that Lucas has decided that the movie *has* to be released in HD in order to properly render Howard's delicate feather structure.

Since Lucas is also on record as not wanting any of his movies to be involved in establishing a new format and/or giving an advantage to one format over another, then it's probable that we won't see this movie released to home video again until either HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray prevails as the winning format. After that occurs, then Lucas will need to wait until market penetration of that format reaches critical mass. His definition of critical mass is "Every home in the country has at least two optical format HD decks installed." As soon as this occurs, and, barring the evolution of a technically better format in the interim, I'm sure "Howard the Duck" will be released again to Home Video!

Now ... Where's that Disco Duck album that I had lying around ...?

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I would sure like to see “Howard the Duck” on region 2 DVD UK, with a cracking six-track Dolby Stereo Digital soundtrack, I wonder if there will be any possibility of a THX DVD?

“One million watts of power”

“Powre!?”

“Yes sir, why don’t we all grab a cup of coffee”

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine !! But i transfered my full frame LD to DVD.Digitally tweaked the picture using Nero digital and remixed the sound . Aside from the FF picture Im covered .....I might be wrong but i think there might have been some sort of lawsuit between the creator of Howard the Duck and Lucas and Universal, I think that might be the reason for the hold up .......I just want Harry and the Hendersons ....Region 2 has it why not Region 1

Anchor Bay would do wonders with Howard the Duck !!!!!!!!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I've got a feeling we'll see HOWARD when we see the "original" Star Wars. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
wow thats alot of topics already discussing this movie

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
It's just a joke. George Lucas keeps Howard the Duck in the same pocket as the original versions of Star Wars. I would be VERY surprised if we see Howard on DVD.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Howard the Duck IMHO is better than his Star Wars pre-quels and special edition Original Trilogy.

At least it doesn't pretend to be anything other than crap. :D

Oops! Better duck! :laugh:

andySu

Senior HTF Member

Oh come on now, Howard’s not a bad movie, I’ll have to look around for it on rental VHS for the night, or down at HMV for less than a £10,00 I doubt I can wait for a six-track Howard to come along on DVD R2!

“It’s only a movie!”
Alfred Hitchcock

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter

I don't get this, since the original Star Wars have already been announced... Does that mean you expect a Howard announcement around the corner then? I don't though...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
No Artur, perhaps I should have said "beautifully remastered original STAR WARS"...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks