What's new

Deadwood: Season Three (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Does anyone think Alma's father will be back in season 3? Just watched Season 1 and Seth kicks the sht out of him, does he go and tell the Garrett's his daughter killed their son?

Can't wait for Sunday.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Does this season look to be more "gun-centric" than the last two? The previews tend to show a lot more gunplay than one would expect from this show, where Seth drew his gun only a handful of times in 2 seasons. Or is that just adverts trying to make us think this is a typical gun-totin' western?

As for the ton of new characters (how do they get some many freaking good actors?!?), I personally can't wait to see Ian McShane and Brian Cox chewing up the place together. Cox is a personal fave of mine so this ought to be good.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I would'nt think there'd be more gun play. I think the amount of Gunplay is very accurate and not like other weapons. Probably back then if you could get away with killing by Knife or Poison it would be preferred over shooting a gun and bringing attention to yourself.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
From the previews, I think this will be the best season yet. New roles for old players and a huge power struggle between Swearengen and Hearst.

I think Alma's father might show up again, or at least the Pinkerton's will make another play at her.

I also think Hearst is going to do something to get Alma's claim from her. Her's was the only one that Wolcot could not secure before Hearst arrived...he will want that "fucking claim".

I am really interested to see how this season will compare to the 2, two hour movies we will get to wrap the series. Earl Brown claimed it might be easier than doing a 12 episode season because of the complications of the story. A movie format lets them pass time much easier.

The previews had a theme of unity to survive and prosper. I took it as the camp coming together in a common cause while becoming a town.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
You MUST go to salon.com and read Heather Havrilesky's "I Like to Watch" column.

'It's "Deadwood"-speak week, cretins and miscreants of every stripe! Those with frail temperaments and delicate sensibilities should seek solace elsewheres!"

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode i thought! Should be interesting to see Swearingen and Heart duke it out the whole season

~Jason

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Great setup for the season! After an appearance on The Dead Zone, I had more respect for Gerald McRaney (and was able to see beyond Major Dad) but he's doing a great job with Hearst so far.

I loved seeing E.B. finally take a beating. He might not have deserved it for that but he deserved for a bunch of other stuff.

I laughed outloud when Jane talked about riding for Custer. "The end!" :) but my favorite line was "Fuckin' pagan. Tell your god to ready for blood."

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Excellent season premier. The Hearst/Swearengen battle should be excellent.

It is amazing to see the camp now as a town, having a much bigger feel to it.

The EB beating was a riot...Richardson grabbing the antlers and trying to ward off Bullock was funny.

looks like Hearst is going to put a beating on Swearengen next episode, I wonder how Dan will take that.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Awsome epsiode. Is it just me or does this show fly by? It makes an hour feel like 15 minutes.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
My line of the show : The sheriff is killing the mayor!

I could name about 10 other ones that made me crack up as well.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
It's been awhile since I saw the end of last season. But, wasn't Bullock's wife going to leave once her son died?

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
That was her first reaction, but then she decided to stay and teach. (And not try to forget about William.)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

Yeah, that was a good line somthing like "Gabriel's trumpet raised will produce you from the asshole of a pig"...or something like that.

The show does fly by. I find it amazing that I enjoyed THE SOPRANOS and BIG LOVE, but I never got as wrapped up in them as I do DEADWOOD (well, I did in during the first 2 seasons of the SOPRANOS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks