-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Deadwood: Season Three

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
396 replies to this topic

#1 of 397 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,685 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 04 2006 - 03:02 PM

There's no Deadwood S3 thread yet so I thought I'd get it started. One more week...

And in case anyone missed it, there's some good news in the "Deadwood: Cancelled?" thread.

#2 of 397 DaveMcS

DaveMcS

Second Unit

• 316 posts

Posted June 05 2006 - 02:14 AM

I think I read somewhere S3 starts June 11th.

#3 of 397 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted June 05 2006 - 12:44 PM

Does anyone think Alma's father will be back in season 3? Just watched Season 1 and Seth kicks the sht out of him, does he go and tell the Garrett's his daughter killed their son?

Can't wait for Sunday.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#4 of 397 Phil Florian

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 12:31 AM

Does this season look to be more "gun-centric" than the last two? The previews tend to show a lot more gunplay than one would expect from this show, where Seth drew his gun only a handful of times in 2 seasons. Or is that just adverts trying to make us think this is a typical gun-totin' western?

As for the ton of new characters (how do they get some many freaking good actors?!?), I personally can't wait to see Ian McShane and Brian Cox chewing up the place together. Cox is a personal fave of mine so this ought to be good.

#5 of 397 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,274 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 12:41 AM

I would'nt think there'd be more gun play. I think the amount of Gunplay is very accurate and not like other weapons. Probably back then if you could get away with killing by Knife or Poison it would be preferred over shooting a gun and bringing attention to yourself.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#6 of 397 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,685 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, I doubt there will be more shooting than before. I think that HBO loves to make the episode previews look like it's gonna be a bloodbath (as any Sopranos fan knows Posted Image)

#7 of 397 Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 12:33 PM

From the previews, I think this will be the best season yet. New roles for old players and a huge power struggle between Swearengen and Hearst.

I think Alma's father might show up again, or at least the Pinkerton's will make another play at her.

I also think Hearst is going to do something to get Alma's claim from her. Her's was the only one that Wolcot could not secure before Hearst arrived...he will want that "fucking claim".

I am really interested to see how this season will compare to the 2, two hour movies we will get to wrap the series. Earl Brown claimed it might be easier than doing a 12 episode season because of the complications of the story. A movie format lets them pass time much easier.

The previews had a theme of unity to survive and prosper. I took it as the camp coming together in a common cause while becoming a town.
We're Texas.

#8 of 397 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 03:33 AM

You MUST go to salon.com and read Heather Havrilesky's "I Like to Watch" column.

'It's "Deadwood"-speak week, cretins and miscreants of every stripe! Those with frail temperaments and delicate sensibilities should seek solace elsewheres!"
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#9 of 397 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Gale
You MUST go to salon.com and read Heather Havrilesky's "I Like to Watch" column.

'It's "Deadwood"-speak week, cretins and miscreants of every stripe! Those with frail temperaments and delicate sensibilities should seek solace elsewheres!"

Sweet! To bad I only know "Fuking Coksukers!"
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#10 of 397 Alex F

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 01:57 PM

GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY

this is going to get reaaaal interesting.

#11 of 397 JayDerek

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator

• 234 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 02:04 PM

Great episode i thought! Should be interesting to see Swearingen and Heart duke it out the whole season

~Jason
~Jason

#12 of 397 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,685 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 03:00 PM

Great setup for the season! After an appearance on The Dead Zone, I had more respect for Gerald McRaney (and was able to see beyond Major Dad) but he's doing a great job with Hearst so far.

I loved seeing E.B. finally take a beating. He might not have deserved it for that but he deserved for a bunch of other stuff.

I laughed outloud when Jane talked about riding for Custer. "The end!" Posted Image but my favorite line was "Fuckin' pagan. Tell your god to ready for blood."

#13 of 397 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 03:39 PM

"Every day takes figuring out all over again how to fucking live"

Jane
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#14 of 397 Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 11 2006 - 05:01 PM

Excellent season premier. The Hearst/Swearengen battle should be excellent.

It is amazing to see the camp now as a town, having a much bigger feel to it.

The EB beating was a riot...Richardson grabbing the antlers and trying to ward off Bullock was funny.

looks like Hearst is going to put a beating on Swearengen next episode, I wonder how Dan will take that.
We're Texas.

#15 of 397 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,503 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 01:34 AM

Awsome epsiode. Is it just me or does this show fly by? It makes an hour feel like 15 minutes.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#16 of 397 Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 04:02 AM

My line of the show : The sheriff is killing the mayor!

I could name about 10 other ones that made me crack up as well.
The Legend is better than reality!

#17 of 397 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,876 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 05:53 AM

It's been awhile since I saw the end of last season. But, wasn't Bullock's wife going to leave once her son died?
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#18 of 397 Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 06:07 AM

That was her first reaction, but then she decided to stay and teach. (And not try to forget about William.)
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos

#19 of 397 Greg Krewet

Greg Krewet

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone remenber the line about a trumpet and a pig, that was mentioned.
Thanks
Greg

#20 of 397 Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 12 2006 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Krewet
Does anyone remenber the line about a trumpet and a pig, that was mentioned.
Thanks
Greg

Yeah, that was a good line somthing like "Gabriel's trumpet raised will produce you from the asshole of a pig"...or something like that.

The show does fly by. I find it amazing that I enjoyed THE SOPRANOS and BIG LOVE, but I never got as wrapped up in them as I do DEADWOOD (well, I did in during the first 2 seasons of the SOPRANOS).
We're Texas.

Forum Nav Content I Follow