Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

4400 Season Three

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#41 of 131 Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted July 02 2006 - 05:06 PM

the early lunar colonies thing threw me off too..tom just passed it off. It was nothing more than a pimple on somebody's butt.

#42 of 131 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Screenwriter

• 2,486 posts

Posted July 03 2006 - 05:03 AM

These kids were sent back to the past and changed history, helping to develop the things that were mentioned.

The timeline was changed, so the synthetic fuel and the lunar colonies were now a fact of life for everyone in the "new" present timeline.

That's why none of the characters should have any kind of surprised reaction at the mention of synthetic fuel or lunar colonies, etc...

Now that the kids were removed from the distant past, those things will not have happened and there is now no synthetic fuel and lunar colonies. The characters probably shouldn't even remember them now that the timeline is changed back.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#43 of 131 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 03 2006 - 05:23 AM

I love how this season is playing out. Posted Image

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#44 of 131 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted July 03 2006 - 09:37 AM

I had to take a double take with the lunar colonies. I thought I heard it wrong and then forgot about it.

From the preview....
So who do you think dies? Isabele is too easy...unless thats what they want us to think. My wife thinks Matthew. But, did the trailer say someone from the 4400 will die...meaning the 4400 show or an actuall 4440??

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#45 of 131 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 04 2006 - 02:32 AM

I keep waiting for the founder of the 4400 Center to show back up from the island he's on.

I have this gut feeling that:

Kyle was controlled by the evil element of the future to kill him. And that they want Elizabeth in his place to screw everything up. But if he comes back, after all, he is just out on an island somewhere, then things could change again. So, no prediction as to who dies - though maybe the scientist injecting himself or the guy who is helping elizabeth.. and she kills him. But I eagerly await the return of Jordan Collier off the island he's on.

My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#46 of 131 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,014 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 04 2006 - 04:58 AM

Quote:
I keep waiting for the founder of the 4400 Center to show back up from the island he's on.
Behr and Co. are still waiting for Billy Campbell to return from sailing around the world. The shot of him popping up on the beach at the end of last season was shot before he left, with the hopes that he'd be back by the start of production for the current season. The interesting development from that is that it has allowed them to make Jordan Collier adversaries with Matthew Ross, which is interesting since they're very much of the same mold.

#47 of 131 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Screenwriter

• 2,486 posts

Posted July 04 2006 - 06:07 AM

I don't think they ever showed Jordan Collier on an "island".

I got the impression that he was returned to the same spot that the 4400 were previously returned to.

It's interesting. At first, I thought that the reason baby Isabel allowed Collier to be killed was because it was part of a "grand future plan" in which Jordan would be killed and then miraculously return from the dead (after they showed his empty coffin) in an attempt to set him up as an even more powerful figurehead/leader of the 4000 (and 4000 supporters). At the very end of last season, I was even more sure that this is what was happening.

Now I'm not so sure since the other future faction has been introduced.

Perhaps this faction wanted Collier out of the leadership position and influenced Isabel to give him the false vision (though, how did they influence her as a baby?). After his death, the "good" future group took his body, revived him, and sent him back.

Or maybe Isabel acted on some sort of "programmed instinct" to try to get rid of him.

Remember she didn't like him at first. Then after they came to the 4000 center she seemed to like and trust him. Until she seemingly set him up with the vision she gave him.

Or maybe still, she showed him a real vision of his future. After all, since he did come back from the dead it is a real possibility that the vision was genuine (even though he dies inbetween).

Fun stuff. I really enjoy this show.

#48 of 131 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Screenwriter

• 2,486 posts

Posted July 04 2006 - 06:10 AM

Oh, and I definitely think Ross is part of the "bad future faction". His knowledge of Collier's return and Isabel's abilities/purpose makes this almost a given.

#49 of 131 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted July 04 2006 - 04:40 PM

Billy Campbell is sailing around the world? I thought they were done filming the season, are they still filming?

trakt.tv

#50 of 131 Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 06:43 AM

Wow ... the Gone 2 parter definitely took this season in an interesting direction. I like the introduction of the "future enemies" that could prevent things from working out right for the 4400. (although isn't that sort of the same path that Enterprise went down with a lot of their stories -- I never really watched much in detail, so I don't know for sure) .. and it hadn't occurred to me that Matthew might be a representative of this future enemy, helping to guide Isabelle towards his goals .... I'm still not sure about that, but it's an intriguing point of view.
But everybody better watch their step around Isabelle or face the consequences -- she's got quite the temper. Makes me wonder how Tom will attempt to complete his "mission."

#51 of 131 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 06:47 AM

While I know Isabelle is supposed to be some sort of powerhouse. I think she is a little too powerful.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#52 of 131 Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 06:49 AM

I just wish USA would put the show on in its proper timeslot.

It is the only show that get cuts off at 10pm when the DVR stops. I can't extend the time because we have things recording at 10 also.

There also have been some inconsistencies in this show...like it should have been The 3396, not The 4400.

And if it was the 4400, then it should not be the 4404.

There is an inconsistency and a big reason why I always wonder if someone will finally do one of these type of shows right.

#53 of 131 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,014 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 05 2006 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Connelly
There also have been some inconsistencies in this show...like it should have been The 3396, not The 4400.

And if it was the 4400, then it should not be the 4404.
I just naturally assumed that in the alternate timeline, four additional people were abducted and returned that were not abducted at all in the restored timeline.

As for why it wouldn't then be the 4404: Because the geeky guy didn't look for the four who were sent back earlier until that timeline's present - two seasons and a change after the original return. A little late for a name change.

#54 of 131 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 09:13 AM

Right, and remember, in the fixed timeline, they never went back into the past from the beginning, so you still end up with just 4400.

You started with 4400, 4 were removed and sent to alternate times, and we assume four more were added back to the 4400 returned in 2003 (so it stays 4004)

When they "fix" things, those kids are NOT returned to the atlernate time line, and they come back with all the others, and they become the 4400, and the 4 people who were abducted to take their place end up never being abducted.

Posted Image

trakt.tv

#55 of 131 Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Screenwriter

• 2,486 posts

Posted July 05 2006 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
I just naturally assumed that in the alternate timeline, four additional people were abducted and returned that were not abducted at all in the restored timeline.

Exactly. That's what I figured as well.

#56 of 131 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted July 06 2006 - 12:07 PM

My DVR cut out what looks to be a little early and this is the second time it's done it. It is really, really aggravating.

Could someone please bring me up to speed on what I missed? The last scene I saw was where Tom was walking out of the hospital room and getting ready to open the envelope he picked up off the mantle in the house.
Did it say anything?

Thanks!
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#57 of 131 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,014 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 06 2006 - 12:53 PM

It had a duplicate of the syringe Matthew gave Isabelle with a note inscribed, "Kill Isabelle."

#58 of 131 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted July 07 2006 - 12:45 AM

Oh man! Thanks Adam.

That is certainly not good news for Tom. Isabelle isn't going to be easy to kill if it's possible at all.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#59 of 131 Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted July 07 2006 - 01:59 AM

well, remember that Matthew had a duplicate syringe and told Isabelle it would kill her. And since Tom got the syringe from the future-people, it seems Matthew is connected to them as well.

#60 of 131 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,014 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 09 2006 - 03:55 PM

Starting to get interesting now, especially with Matthew's death. Looks like the bad guys have lost control of their femme fatale. Glad Sean didn't die, he's shaping up to be a positive leader.

Forum Nav Content I Follow