What's new

4400 Season Three (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The 4400 Season Three Begins this weekend! While I don't think it's as good as BSG, it is still one of those shows I like the concept to a great deal. Now, this year, it looks like we get to see what all these powers mean. Here's hoping the stories stay well written and fun to watch :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
All the adds I've seen have said that the new season begins June 11th, which is next Sunday.

Really looking forward to more of this story.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Huh. My TiVO shows that this Sunday they are airing the last two episodes of last season (8PM/9PM EST) and then the season premiere at 10PM EST. (9PM my time)

:)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I just got caught up with the show on DVD, and look forward to the new season.

Also, the recap special will air on NBC this Saturday at 9 PM, Eastern time.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I really like this show, but I don't know why. I find it compelling for reasons I can't pin down.

One thing I know this show does right, however, is balance its setup/payoff ratio. Many shows are all setup and don't give viewers enough payoff to justify watching. Others never have any loose ends that need tying up, so viewers don't mind skipping episodes and eventually dropping the series altogether. This show doesn't string us along forever, but the answers aren't delivered all at once either. It's very well done.

I know previous seasons had very few episodes. (Was it only 6 episodes in one season?) Do we know how many episodes are planned for Season 3?

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
This has actually become one of my favorite shows on TV. I just re-watched S2 on DVD and found myself liking it even more the 2nd time around. Something is very appealing about the show. One one hand, it sticks to the typical "story of the week" sci-fi conventions, but has the deeper, running storyline to prop it up. I especially liked how they kept the Alana character in the show. Most sci-fi shows would have wrapped up that storyline in one episode without any lasting repurcussions.
The fact that she's still there and living with Tom/Kyle (although from the end of S2, Kyle might be in jail) really just adds to the story.

Can't wait for Sunday night and the S3 premiere!!

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Someone turned me on to "The 4400" last year. I saw the entire first season and thought it was a pretty good show. Nothing great but good.

Then I thought I'd give last nights season 2 shows a viewing and all I can say is WOW! am I excited about June 11th. Just the thought of Isabella and a war gives me goose bumps. I just hope they don't triavialize it. War is not easy and never kind. It kind of sounds almost X-Men'ish.

Oh, and I thought the addition of the creepy FBI guy from "The Frighteners" was an excellent choice. I love his quirkiness.

I can't wait for Season 3. Even my 14 year old daughter who has never seen Season 1 and only three shows of season two can't wait.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm a bit bummed that some of the eye candy is gone. They aged Lily about 25-30 years and are using a difference actress other than Laura Allen, and then aged her child Isabelle to around 18-22 years old who can speak perfect English overnight

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And thenkilled her.
Thought it was a great opener. While the dialogue is still clunky as hell, there were some twists and turns I didn't see coming. The water is murkier than ever.
Since Matthew Ross is actively working to keep Jordan Coulier off everybody's radar he obviously isn't a friend. That coupled with his knowledge of the future leads me to believe that he belongs to the same group that poisoned Kyle's mind.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mya looked to be about 3"-4" taller than last season.

Sean's going to be fighting his battles on 2 fronts, never a good thing.

So Isabelle has Wolverine's healing factor.

Tom and Alana's relationship is so bizarre sometimes.

Diana's going to have her hands full with that mad scientist trying to become #4401 the hard way.

I really thought they were going to get rid of Peter Coyote too (along with Laura Allen) with that early stabbing sequence, but it looks like Ryland is here to stay this season.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
That guys got more lives than a cat.;)

Seriously, I was amazed he survived the second attack by Navarro (who I hope we see more of as he's an interesting character).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
been following since the beginning. i like to see how ex-Trek producer/writers fare after leaving Trek-universe =). ira behr is doing well i see.

haven't seen the 1st ep, but will as soon as this damn semester for school is over! =). by then it'll have been for 1/2 season. so ep5 will have been on by the time i can catch up. hope you have fun watching it =).

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
We watched it last night...this season seemed to be leaps and bounds better just all around.

I'd still call the last 2 seasons B movie style shows but this has improved quite a bit.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I'm kind of undecided on how I feel about this season opener. I know they couldn't work a deal with Laura Allen or Chad Faust (which necessitates getting rid of Lilly and Kyle respectively) but it still seemed a little contrived. I did like the storyline with the doctor trying to turn himself into a 4400. I find it a little hard to believe that Diana would go along with it, but I could see the scientist in her being intrigued by it. I will admit to being surprised by Gary's involvement with the Nova group though. I believed he was on the up-and-up until he walked into Ryland's hospital room. The whole wheat field thing was a little bizarre too ..... should set up the season for some interesting conflict between the 4400s and NTAC.

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator

I have been trying to remember where I have seen him before. Thanks.

I was a little sad when the girl went into the classroom and there was only one other student. At least there was one other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks