What's new

Roger Ebert reviewing again in 2007 (Passed Away: See Post #158) (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I know some will call me sick for saying this, but the first thing that came into my mind when I read this was the "Animaniacs" short "Critical Condition"...In particular, the scene where Slappy gets revenge for "Codger Eggbert" giving her cartoons a bad review by feeding him popcorn with a very special topping.

Slappy: "It's lard that I'm liposuctioning from your gut".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I might be going to Hell because of that.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
There are conflicting reports on his condition. Some reports say "serious but stable" however noted author Jim Neibaur posted on a newsgroup that Chicago radio is reporting his outlook is grim.
What a sad coincidence that both Ebert and Gene Siskel became cancer victims at relatively young ages.
Hoping for a quick recovery.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Via Cinematical:
Monday morning his wife, Chaz Ebert, says that he's doing fine. "I am pleased to report that the doctors say Roger is stable and responding well to the recent surgery. Roger and I are so grateful for your prayers and support but please give the big guy the space and time needed to recover until he is ready to use those thumbs again."
He's one of the small handful of celebrities I'd be personally upset to lose.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Roger Ebert is a national treasure. Best of wishes to the guy and I hope he gets well soon.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Roger is a great guy and from what I just read online, the prognosis is good again for recovery. Cancer and the problems associated with treatment, including surgery, are always difficult to predict so I am sure it is also accurate that he is in serious condition. Best wishes big guy.

I just read the IMDb profile and wow, it is one of the longer profiles I have ever seen there with lots of quotes and trivial information. I can only assume he is universally well liked.

Chris

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
While Ebert is recovering, there will be celebrity replacements for Ebert on the show. Jay Leno will be on next weekend, followed by Kevin Smith.

~T

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Smith might be cool, but Leno? Not as impressive as some of Siskel's replacements. I want to get Martin Scorsese back. :)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Jay Leno reviewing movies? Will he use his monologue recipe?
*make lame joke*
*repeat punchline*
*explain joke*
*repeat 50 times*

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Kevin Smith to stand in for Roger Ebert.....that sounds like a Leno punch line.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
David Poland commented on this in his blog and seems to think that Leno will do really well- evidently the guy is a serious movie lover and is always talking them up backstage with Ebert and Roeper when they do his show.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Leno does have pretty good taste in movies, at least the best taste among talk show hosts. I think he watches Ebert and Roeper every week, so that's great for him to get to be on the show.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Leno did a really good job on the show, although I could've done without his goofiness at times.
He disliked Miami Vice, and I was wondering why he didn't give his opinion at all on the movie when Colin Farrel appeared on his show. :)
~T

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thi Them said:
Leno did a really good job on the show, although I could've done without his goofiness at times.
He disliked Miami Vice, and I was wondering why he didn't give his opinion at all on the movie when Colin Farrel appeared on his show. :)
~T
Leno follows this advice: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks