-

Photo
- - - - -

Last Comic Standing Season 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
153 replies to this topic

#1 of 154 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 04:47 AM

Well despite cancelling the Season 3 just before the finale, they decide to bring it back again. Last night was the 2 hour premiere. I almost didn't even want to watch this since NBC could pull the plug again and we never get to see the final show again. But I did.

So far there have been a few really good comics. I was really surprised to see a friend on there, Josh Blue. The guy with cerebral palsy. We got him started a couple years ago in Denver. He came to be in our improv troup, which he wasn't that great at, but his standup just kills. It is also some of the dirtiest stuff you will ever hear so it'll be interesting to see how clean he keeps it. He made it through to the semi-finals though. His best line is "You are all going to hell for laughing at this."

#2 of 154 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 05:47 AM

I didn't see many comics but I did see him, funny stuff about writing his phone number down. If he is that dirty it may limit him on a network show though.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#3 of 154 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 31 2006 - 06:21 AM

Well despite cancelling the Season 3 just before the finale, they decide to bring it back again.

I am still trying to figure that one out. NBC must really be desperate.

Last night was the 2 hour premiere. I almost didn't even want to watch this since NBC could pull the plug again and we never get to see the final show again. But I did.

Didn't they eventually finish up the last season on Bravo or something?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 154 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 06:25 AM

Too bad "Skippy" didn't make it. Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder if that 19 yr old female comic didn't make it because she is under 21? She was pretty good.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 154 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
I wonder if that 19 yr old female comic didn't make it because she is under 21? She was pretty good.

She was the only one I was disappointed to not see advance. I wanted to her more of her act. The gay father thing seemed really funny and interesting.

What I found amazing is that I haven't seen Linda Smith's standup in 10 years and she's still telling the same jokes about staying home and having the beach in her apartment. Someone needs to tell her and Wendy Liebman (all-time worst material recycler) to get new material.

I was kind of shocked to see people I consider professionals, like Bill Dwyer, trying out to be on LCS. Has Bill not found enough celebrity doing BattleBots or I've Got a Secret?
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#6 of 154 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 10:19 AM

Last Year's finale was aired somewhere, maybe Comedy Central. I saw it and the winner was...

Alonzo Boden

Studios, caption your internet streams.

#7 of 154 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,742 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 10:43 AM

I couldn't believe of the wannabe's was doing the "Kelso and who's got 2 thumbs" joke.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#8 of 154 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 01:31 PM

I missed the LA auditions and callabacks. Did a guy named Kyle Cease make it? His brother told me a while back that he'd be auditioning when the show returned.
Buckstar is the epitomy of determination. Unfortunately he doesn't have that good an act.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#9 of 154 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 02:07 PM

Speaking of professionals, I was surprised to see Gabriel Iglesias on there. He's been all over including plenty of spots on Comedy Central. At least they sent him through unlike a previous year when guys like Pablo Francisco didn't even pass on.

#10 of 154 OFFLINE   chuck_b

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 02:30 PM

Caught this last night and saw some good talent. Better than I was expecting and might be worth following, especially with not much else on.
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad. "

#11 of 154 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted June 01 2006 - 04:41 AM

I am surprised we aren't seeing more of the same people. It's like American Idol. You are still only picking people from the same pool. Except for the people who reach the minimum age limit.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 154 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 05:03 PM

Of the people that moved on tonight I thought Chris and Josh definitely deserved to. I liked Roz's set too but I'm not crazy about her delivery. Joey and April were just chosen for their out there personalities. There were a bunch of comics that had way better material.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#13 of 154 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted June 06 2006 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Knutzen
Of the people that moved on tonight I thought Chris and Josh definitely deserved to. I liked Roz's set too but I'm not crazy about her delivery. Joey and April were just chosen for their out there personalities. There were a bunch of comics that had way better material.
I agree about Roz - I liked her material but there's no reason for her to SHOUT her whole act. Of the 5 they passed thru to the house, the only one I would disagree with is April. I would've liked for them to throw Wild Wally in instead of her.

#14 of 154 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,742 posts

Posted June 07 2006 - 12:51 AM

I think they picked April for sitcom potential, and a bit of eye-candy appeal for the house. Joey brought a lot of energy to the show, though the material was okay. Wasn't crazy about the Roz pick. I wouldn't have mind it if Nikki got in the house, but the talent guy Ross was right in saying she wasn't quite ready for primetime at this point in her life. Go Josh Blue!

#15 of 154 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted June 07 2006 - 01:28 AM

That bit Josh said about being a traffic cop had me rolling Posted Image

Is it wrong to laugh at his jokes? I sort of feel guilty.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#16 of 154 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted June 07 2006 - 08:48 AM

Awesome to see my boy Josh go to the house. We couldn't be happier for him out here. And laugh away, it's what he lives for. Posted Image

It is hard enough to get a feel for a comic with just 3 minutes, but it is even harder when they edit that down to 30-45 seconds. Based on what I saw, I would disagree with April. Wish Wild Wally made it. The rest I can see working out.

#17 of 154 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 03:12 PM

Really not to happy with some of the choices for the 2nd round of finalists. The last comedian picked...the one with the workout routine wasn't that funny. But, they needed to get an equal amount of woman.

#18 of 154 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 03:39 PM

I didn't agree with Stella (pregnant) either. Just didn't find most of her stuff funny.

This group definitely felt stronger than the last, at least the first ~10 were. Felt bad for a couple of the guys that didn't make it.

So if the comics stand around long enough after their routine they get to have a Q&A? It seemed like most just took off, and it didn't look like it was edited, at least most of the time.

#19 of 154 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,742 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 05:16 PM

It's heavily edited because I don't think any contestant had their entire 3 minutes shown, and you have to assume each had a short Q&A with the judges, but probably only the funny Q&A's were shown (time allowing).

I am in shock at who made it out of this group of 20. I only agreed with 2 of the 7 contestants that went on (Kristin and Gabriel). I'm bummed that Flip didn't make it, or the final guy (seque guy). Nikki Payne would probably be too much to take in longer doses, but she had that mad, infectious energy that was bringing on the funny. Malik S's stuff was pretty funny too (I was dying at the drive-by bit being affected by gas prices). The Hank Hill look-alike wasn't as funny as his audition, plus he needed to keep his glasses on because he just looked strange without them.

But you look at the final 12, and it just look too diverse.

#20 of 154 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted June 13 2006 - 06:17 PM

I was wondering who was going to make it to the house because there were a lot more funnier people on this week, but the judges ended up choosing some of the worst comedians.

~T

Forum Nav Content I Follow