What's new

Centennial Mini-Series on DVD.....Ever? (Oh, yes: see post #15!) (1 Viewer)

This is one of the few Mini-series made for TV that is still not on DVD. If I remember correctly it is the longest movie ever made. Surely this begs a DVD release because the VHS copies are expensive or non-existent and the Bootleggers on ebay are making a fortune!

Any word on this release?

Flan

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator
Universal seems to be ignoring their extensive miniseries library. Their decision to only release "Rich Man, Poor Man: Book 1" in Region 2 only (so far) is another curious situation.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
There was a brief mention of Centennial in a booklet Universal put together a couple of years ago about their TV DVD properties, but nothing was ever announced. I too would like to see this on DVD.

kenNew

Stunt Coordinator
Me too. I have the VHS version and it cost an arm and a leg. I don't know how much cheaper the DVD version would be but it would certainly take up less space on my shelves.

There are so many good reasons why this should be on disc - the photography, the cast - but it seems that nothing can guarantee a release. Even Roots; the Next Generation has never emerged and that got better ratings than Centennial. But I enjoyed the latter more, even though they strayed into soap opera in the later episodes.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This has got to be the best mini series out there.

There are so many great great stars in this

Bring it on

Well, It's been a year and I thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if theres been any new news regarding this release on DVD.

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
all i hear are the crickets:frowning:
i loved this mini-series, it's length makes it perfect for dvd.
i watched it 20+ yrs ago on showtime, would love to see it again.

PatH

Second Unit
Great news, my ass! I don't live in France, will not buy a region free player, and wouldn't learn to speak their language if I did. How the hell do we get Universal to release it over here? Is this another cursed example of the joys of globalization? And yes, I'm upset!:angry:

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Actually Centennial is one of the many tv mini-series not on dvd. There are a number of miniseries that I would love to see on dvd.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The cast is an amazing collection of stars from veteren tv actors (David Janssen, Robert Conrad, Andy Griffith, and Raymond Burr) to stars still operating today (Mark Harmon and as an extra, George Clooney). I would hope that Universal would be inspired to bring out the ground-breaking RICH MAN/POOR MAN mini-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks