What's new

Pokemon: The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd bring everyone this news about an anime classic that could be heading everyone's way this November.

According to a member from the Anime on DVD.com Viz Media has an offering of the first season of this hit anime series on their Fall 2006 Schedule:

I don't about everyone here and how many anime fans or other fans who have been waiting for this announcement but this is good news for all you Pokemaniac fans who have been waiting for this series to be released as complete season sets.

Source: http://www.animeondvd.com

TimothyO

Agent
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. and Yes!!!!

I was wondering when they'd do this. It seemed like I'd never see the day.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I think it's fairly obvious that this is supposed to capitalize on Pokemon's 10th anniversary (the first games turn 10 in Japan this year)
However I'm not too keen on Anime DVD releases so i don't know what to expect

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm huge on Japanese Anime and if a DVD release gets announced for a boxed season set I'll try and let everyone know. Most anime are television shows but if there's a boxed set announced that's long running I'll try and broadcast it here. I know there've been a lot of fans who have been waiting for this release for a very long time. I have to admit, the first season contained some of the best episodes and I'll definately be picking this one up for myself.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
That's awesome news! Been waiting for season sets for sooo long! Hope they release them all in season set form!Thanks & be sure to keep us updated!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just emailed the information to Gord but he told me that TV Shows On DVD no longer reports on Anime TV Shows and their Season Sets.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
If these are the subtitled and uncut I'm down for them however, if they are the same cut versions already out on DVD then to hell with them.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, according to my sources there are 55 episodes in the first season but don't look to Viz to releasing all of these episodes in one boxed set. My guess is that they'll end up releasing the first season in either one set or two sets. The only information I have is that Season 1 has a tentative release date of November.

Hopefully more news about this will become available as it comes nearer to the release date.

Check out the episode guide here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/episodeguide.html

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah! Count me in as one of those Pokemaniacs! ^_^

I've enjoyed the show since it premiered, and am still enjoying the 8th season on Kids WB (and looking forward to the US premiere of the spinoff Chronicles, on Cartoon Network this Saturday). The first season rocks with classics including some all-time favorites like "The Song of Jigglypuff" and "Princess vs. Princess."

Unleash those pocket monsters. =D

Since its from Viz Media, with a history of releasing Dub-only Pokemon releases (which is fine by me, as a fan of Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, and Eric Stuart), it will probably be dub-only.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What I think everyone is going to find is that the DVD's will definately have the English dub but it's not known yet if the First Season will be bilingual. The Ranma 1/2 Season boxed sets all include bilingual tracks, meaning that the Ranma 1/2 sets have both the English dubbed track as well as the Japanese language track with English subtitles.

What I might suggest is that to start emailing Viz through their website at http://www.viz.com and start asking them to include bilingual options for the upcoming sets.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What I think everyone is going to find is that the DVD's will definately have the English dub but it's not known yet if the First Season will be bilingual. The Ranma 1/2 Season boxed sets all include bilingual tracks, meaning that the Ranma 1/2 sets have both the English dubbed track as well as the Japanese language track with English subtitles.

What I might suggest is that to start emailing Viz through their website at http://www.viz.com and start asking them to include bilingual options for the upcoming sets.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Quote~(and looking forward to the US premiere of the spinoff Chronicles, on Cartoon Network this Saturday).

I heard about that! What time for central our they supposed to show it? I'd like to watch it. Will it be on every saturday at the same time or what? Hope you read this before saturday.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator

It premieres at 7 PM Eastern/6 PM Central on Toonami, part of Cartoon Network. Currently, all 3 parts of "Return of Thunder," the first story are scheduled in the same time slot.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know yet how many episode will be in Pokemon Season 1? I look number of episodes and then at the price and it seems to low. Is there anywhere I can go to get information on this set yet since TVShowsOnDVD aren't covering it?

EDIT: OK, I found the information online, what they are releasing is episodes 1-26 of Pokemon with a running time of 650 minutes according to Rightstuf and Wizard which is still a good price.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks