What's new

Edmonton Oilers going to the Stanley Cup! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I've been waiting for a playoff/Oilers thread to come around for sometime but after nothing I'll take the initiative. :)

How about them Oilers? Who would have ever thought? 8th seed into the playoffs and have knocked out #1 Detroit, the fiesty Sharks and now Anaheim. We haven't been to the cup in 16 years and this town is going absolutley nuts. Everywhere you look there are Oiler flags and a buzz in the city that hasn't been felt in a long time. Some 35 000 fans were estimated to come out to Whyte ave after the Anaheim win last night, things for the most part are under control but now that its Cup Finals time soon things will probably escalate.

I have found some links of the intensity of our fans though:

Fans go crazy at Rexall

Fans sing the National Anthem

[url=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8601/oilers0cf.jpg] [/url]

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I thought he was posting about the Oilers and hockey..........not baseball. :D

Definitely unexpected. Hope they can continue to kick ass and bring the cup home to Canada.......where it belongs, naturally. :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Alf, most Oiler threads I have seen around the net people actually contribute to it :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I hope for your sake that they can bring the cup home to Canada.

I'm still pissed at the excuse for a team we got in Vancouver, even though it was primarily the Manitoba Moose, at least on D.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i wish the wings could have pulled it off this year, but edmonton looked really good. i hope buffalo pulls through, i think them and edmonton would make a great finals.

CJ

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If they win Sergei Samsonov can get a Ray Bourque salute from Tom Menino at City Hall. :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I am thouroughly impressed at the Oilers, they earned that well deserved 8th spot. If my Canucks had made it in this season, it would have likely been wasted as they would have lost in the first round.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I am thouroughly impressed at the Oilers, they earned that well deserved 8th spot. If my Canucks had made it in this season, it would have likely been wasted as they would have lost in the first round.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Being a shark's fan I think it sucks but they deserved it and I can't imagine anyone beating them right now.
They really came back being down 2-0 and their fans really made a difference....it still sucks but good luck!

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I would love to see Buffalo win the last 2 games of this series but its looking pretty bleak. With 3 of our best defensmen out and Miller playing like he has the last 2 games its going to be an uphill battle for sure. Not to mention Afinaghanov playing like an idiot and Tim Connoly being out for the rest of the year.
Im glad the Oilers are in though. I hate the idea of a San Jose/Carolina Stanley Cup finals. When I think of a hockey town, neither of these ever comes to mind. Buffalo and Edmonton are real hockey towns and it would make for a much better series.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I feel like I'm the only guy in Edmonton not following hockey. I am however, enjoying the celebrations on the South Side.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Seeing as the Leafs won't be back anytime soon, the Oilers have my support. The Stanley Cup needs to return to its rightful home - in Canada. :D

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Apperantly there are not alot of hockey fans at the HTF. Sabres forced a game 7. Its going to be exciting. I cant wait! Theres also been alot of trash talking between the teams. I hope the Sabres can pull off a win. I need more hockey and a Buffalo sports team needs to finally bring home a trophy. We've had a team in every major sport in the past and have nothing to show for it. Just 4 super bowl losses and 2 blown stanley cup apperances. We deserve something! And dont forget, LA stole Buffalos basketball team.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Hey but at least you got a movie made about the Bills losing and it was a decent movie.
You deserve winning something considering the hellish winter you put up with.
Should be a great game 7!

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Huge hockey fan here.

I'm rooting for the Sabres as well against Carolina.

I'm a big fan of Dwayne Roloson (MN Wild fan), and I hope that the Oilers win the Cup!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Sweet Caroline!!

Should be a great series, will be a bit interesting to see the fans reaction with Doug Weight on Carolina and him spending 9 seasons in Edmonton.

Game 1 is Monday, June 5 at 8 pm EST.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks