Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Buzz coming from speakers - why?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 daveGoff

daveGoff

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 28 2006 - 09:19 AM

I have a buzz coming from my speakers. It is intermittant, it will not be heard for an hour or so then it starts, it doesn't last too long about 1 to 10 seconds. It definately comes from the system, when I hit the mute button it kills it instantly.

This started with the original factory set, I replaced the factory set with a new, good, $250 range CD radio.

Any ideas what is causing it?Posted Image

#2 of 5 EvanW

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator

• 233 posts

Posted June 16 2006 - 07:51 PM

It's your headunit, for all i know ur ground isnt to good and ur maybe building some kinda static charge.... could be a 100 different things though. Or it could be other things, start trouble shooting.

#3 of 5 BillSuneson

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted June 27 2006 - 06:30 AM

like evan said it's most likely a loose ground connection. Or it could be a loose speaker wire in door where it's only getting partial connection. start trying one thing at a time till it goes away.

Bill

#4 of 5 Chad_K

Chad_K

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted July 06 2006 - 09:18 AM

What kind of vehicle? Does it have factory premium sound? Send me some specifics and I can help.
Chad Kemp
Technologist,

A/V Connections Inc
Little Rock, ARchadkemp@sbcglobal.net

#5 of 5 DonnyD

DonnyD

Screenwriter

• 1,154 posts

Posted July 29 2006 - 11:56 PM

This is probably a ground problem or simply a speaker feed wire a little close to a power wire.
"There comes a time in the lives of men, when taken at the tide, you're liable to ****ing drown..." R. Farina
"or go broke due to upgraditis..." D. Davis