What's new

Need Ideas and help please. (1 Viewer)

Henri C

Auditioning
Real Name
Henri Congleton
Im thinking about making my room into a home theater and here are some Ideas I have:

Im thinking of putting a screen in my walk in closet(you can take like 2 steps in it) Its has a huge opening perfect for a fairly large screen. I would put the projector at the opposite end of my room. I would nees to get something like a black fabric or something to cover my window though. I am wondering what kind of projector and sound system I should get. (I have a Sony DAV-DZ100 system for my regular tv) I am looking at $2-3,000 budget since I dont want to take all my money out of the stocks and I am only 16 and dont want to waste all my money. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Screen? Can't go wrong with Stewart or DaLite. Personally, Stewart. Projector? There's many opinions on this. I think the Runco makes a great projector, but with budget given....not going to happen. I personally love the infocus projectors. They have great support, they look good, and aren't that expensive. I would consider doing research on projector reviews. Also www.projectorcentral.com is a great resource.

Don

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
Get a parkland plastics board from Home Depot for a screen. It's 4 by 8 ( capable of 98" screen) and best of all, only 20 bucks. I have one and like it better than some 900 dollar screens I've seen. I'd get a panasonic AE900(around 1400 after rebate) for the projector and here is a URL to a good 1k system http://www.audioholics.com/showcase/...evelsystem.php
However, instead of the samsung DVD player, get the oppo digital dv971.

I have to agree entirely with Keith. For your budget, check out the 4805 and a Parkland screen, assuming you are handy with tools. If not, get a manual pull-down screen, or look at a Severtson screen. Panasonic is also a great PJ. For your window situation, go to a fabric store and ask for blackout cloth. The name is deceiving. It's actually white, but it's very heavy and is designed specifically for blocking light in draperies or curtains. You can usually get a few yards for $20 or so. As for how to mount it? Up to you, I just use a few thumbtacks. Unfortunately, a hundred people will give you a hundred answers, but I think a 4805 and a parkland or melamine screen will be a great way to start, because that's what I did, and to this day it still has a great image, although I am looking to upgrade to the Panny 900 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks