-

Photo

Need help accessing door speakers in an Accord

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   MattCPT

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted May 27 2006 - 06:25 AM

For those who haven't seen my recent post I just replaced my 6x9 speakers in my Accord and during listening tests I realized that the new Alpines sound great and my door speakers (the right one in particular) sounds like it is possibly blown. It sounds fine at lower volumes but when the sound is turned up it sounds a lot like my last JBL did with the rubber surround partially unglued from the basket.

The door speakers are between 8 and 10 years old. I either bought them for my first Accord and switched them over to my current one or I purchased them new when I bought my 98 Accord. Anyway, does anyone know how to access the door speaker in a 98 Accord sedan?

I attempted to pull off the speaker cover but it didn't seem like it was going to pop off, instead it seams to be glued down in some areas. I began to lift the bottom panel off the door and I unclipped one of the supports but I didn't feel confident enough to complete the job because I didn't want to cause damage. I could go to an installer but I would rather diagnose and solve the problem myself because I could save a lot of money. I realize now just how much I have overpaid for speakers in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,158 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted May 28 2006 - 01:57 AM

Google is your friend. Find an Accord forum and they will usually have this type of information in their FAQ's. I do the same for my Maximas.

I found this in 30 seconds - http://www.honda-acu..../t-102962.html using the following search terms - 98 honda accord "remove door panel"

-Robert

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   MattCPT

MattCPT

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted May 29 2006 - 10:33 AM

Robert,
Thanks for the link, I should have checked with a search engine first. I usually use dogpile.com because it is made up of google, yahoo, msn etc...

After reading the responses in the forum I get the feeling that it is as difficult as I originally thought. I don't want to damage my door, so I will use the speakers as they are and if the problem persists then I will have a shop replace the speakers.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,158 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted May 30 2006 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCPT
After reading the responses in the forum I get the feeling that it is as difficult as I originally thought.
I read it as well and it sounded very easy. My Maxima door panels had 3 screws. As soon as I found their locations, it took about 10 minutes to pull off the first door panel. The second only took 5 minutes. I wish getting into the dash were than easy.

-Robert