What's new

Disney, Lions Gate and Fox to HD DVD? Also MGM See Post #94 (1 Viewer)

Rob_HD

Stunt Coordinator
This is a petition I saw over on AVS Forum.

It is to call on Disney and Lions gate to start supporting HD DVD with releases.

SIgn it!!

Tell Your friends to sign it!!

Post the links on other sites!

Send it to your MOTHER !

:D

EDIT - OK - I may as well get these points out of the way:

1) The petition contains a number of problems said to exist with Bluray - some of these are stated as coming from industry sources on other forums (with links to the posts, for proper context) and others are widely known.

2) I'm not Rdjam, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night

3) There is a lot of criticism and ridiculing of the petition in this thread - specifically by those who oppose HD DVD - in an apparent attempt to reduce support for it - ignore these attacks and sign anyway if you are an HD DVD supporter.

Please report antagonist posts in this thread to the Moderators by clicking on the "!" report button at the bottom left of the post.

Disney http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Disney_for_HD_DVD

Lions Gate http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...ate_For_HD_DVD

MGM - http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/MGM_on_HD_DVD

*** EDIT *** A petition has now also gone online for FOX Studios (which also now will control MGM's titles for Home Video releases, since MGM took it away from Sony this week). The petition for FOX is here - http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...26#post2879526

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
How many times are you going to repost this? The admins are going to delete at least one of these, I bet — they consider repetitively posting the same thing to be very rude. Verb. sap.

Rob_HD

Stunt Coordinator
Not trying to be rude LG - As someone on the other posted suggested, the first post was in the hardware section and it better suited to the software section.

Don't be so sensitive
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
LG? What?

Never mind. I agree it's more sensible here. That's not the point I'm making, just that people who've been on the board a long time have been warned in this same area for somehting similar, only involving existing threads. You might be interested to know that you can contact a moderator and have your threads moved, if you think they're out of place. They seem to appreciate being asked.

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure this is RDjam, who originally posted these same "petitions" over on AVS. Nice that he's disingenuously suggesting he just found them.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Why, Blu-Ray is the superios format and they are doing the correct thing by supporting it exclusivly

Rob_HD

Stunt Coordinator
Hang on a sec - the petition is a good thing. You can't close a thread down just because you don't like HD DVD supporters rallying?

And no, I'm not RDJAM - why, can't anyone else support HD DVD too?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

He is talking about posting the same thread in multiple places on the same forum--bad form, dude. We get the point.

- Steve

Rob_HD

Stunt Coordinator
Fair point - but as stated before, it was posted in the hardware thread by accident.

I reposted it here in software after a recommendation from another user - in that original hardware thread.

Were I to have posted it in many many places - intentionally - I would agree that it would represent abuse of the forum. However, that is not the case.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
By accident? You posted it twice in the Hardware area, once in an existing thread, and once in a new one opened for the purpose! As I said above, please ask an Admin to merge your two threads. It's a simple and painless procedure, they do it in the office under local anaesthetic. ;)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
That has got to be the *WORST* petition I've ever seen. That long list of superficial and superfluous information will never get me to sign the petition. Besides, why the heck would I want to drag out the format war? If all studios supported both formats we'd forever have a format war and it would be a waste for studios to have dual inventory.

Unfortunately there is a war and everyone has taken their sides. When final product is released and both are battling it out, we can only hope that consumers will force one product to disappear and let the other keep advancing.

Mike

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Why would anybody have to sign a petition if Blu-ray is having grave problems? Soon all of the HD DVD holdouts will have to know that if the writer of the petition knows it. I am not aware of that allegation but if true, no petition is necessary.

Chris

Rob_HD

Stunt Coordinator
More personal attacks Randy?

So anyone who supports the other camp is not allowed and must clearly be working undercover for someone?

D- : Must try to do better...

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I assume from this, that you must be the writer of the petition, Rob. That is unless you know the petition author and are fighting his battles. ;)

Now I don’t happen to share Randy’s belief that the petitioner is a paid employee or contractor of any manufacturer or studio—because I do share his view that they are poorly written petitions that are not well thought-out (and are insulting to the professionals in the studios as well).

Now if it turns out that you are the author (and that Randy was aware of this fact at the time he wrote his post), I’ll agree that it was a personal slam (if not attack).

But I assume that you are not, as you wrote in a post that you ‘found’ the petitions over on AVS. If Randy also remembered that post, it follows that he must consider the originator to be anonymous, and therefore his last post can only be considered a personal attack in a non-personal sense. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks