Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

How does netFlix handle DVDs from other warehouses?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,577 posts

Posted May 25 2006 - 07:42 AM

I ask because there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Sometimes they obviously go back to the closest warehouse. For instance, I sent back a DVD that came from Michigan (I am in Colorado) yesterday and it was checked in today. However, for the last couple months or more, DVDs from other places have obviously gone back to the warehouse where they came from. Sometimes prior to that, they have sometimes gone back to the local warehouse and sometimes not.

At one point I figured the only way this can be controlled is by the USPS, not NetFlix. After all, the return address is the same as where they were sent from, so it would have to be up to the USPS to return it to the local warehouse instead of where it is actually addressed to. So, one time I put a label for the local warehouse on the envelope and it took even longer to get back to them. About a week. I figured they received it locally and then actually sent it on to the warehouse where it came from.

Anyway, I'm baffled. Does anyone know what is the actual policy for DVDs from other warehouses? Because it seems to change almost from day to day.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.