What's new

Hich of these 3 would you choose and why? (1 Viewer)

London Lawson

Second Unit
I was set on the DLP, then the sales guy said the LCD would be better. I have changed my mind a few times and put off the buy, I will get one for sure by Friday...which one would be best for me? It would be used with my Xbox 360, dvd player and Dish network, possibly Direct TV in a few weeks. The main couch is about 10 feet from the tv, the sofa is slightly to the left and back about 4 feet from the tv.

Samsung 50 inch DLP HLS-5086W
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...roductDetail.do

Sony Grand Wega 50 inch LCD
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...roductDetail.do

Hitachi 55 inch LCd 55VF820
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hita...roductDetail.do

Shane Harg

Second Unit
Screw the sales guy and get what you want! It isn't his decision to live with and it comes down to what YOU think is best for you. DLP is a damn good way to go, IMO, and if it looks great and you think you'd like to own it, get it.

Jay_Via

Stunt Coordinator
It really depends on YOUR eyes....however, ive got the 60" version of that tv, had it ISF calibrated and i absolute LOVE it. DVDs look great but Hi-def cable with time warner looks unbelievable.

If i hadnt gotten such a good deal on the tv, i would have gotten the JVC HD-ILA set, as IMHO its the best bang for your buck. Might want to check one out if youve got a dealer or, worst comes to worse, a Best Buy around.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I love my sony. I used to work at an Audio/Video store, and I used to stare at these things all day long. One day I just happened to be sitting watching the Sony I currently own, which is a 42" LCD Rear Projection, and it looked better than everything out there. Mind you I didn't work for circuitcity or bestbuy so they were all calibrated... And the Sony just looked the best, whereas the DLP looked too much like a plasma. Kinda grainy and the color at time would be somewhat poor or too rich.

London Lawson

Second Unit
Well I was on my way to Circuit City and I stopped myself..arrrgghhh when will it end??? This makes know telling how many times. How did you convince yourselves to go ahead and take the plunge?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I personally would get a plasma. I'd go for a 50" Panasonic.

I just don't like the blacks that LCD gives you, or the possible rainbow effect with DLPs. The only other one I'd look at is Sony's 50" SXRD LCD RP. Has iris control for blacks that are pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks