What's new

(TMNT)NINJA TURTLES-THE ORIGINAL MOVIE(1990) - I want a remastered 2 disc-set (1 Viewer)

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I've had enough writing about Star Wars OT today. Here's a letter I've written to Stephen Einhorn of New Line suggesting that a new Special Edition of Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles-The Original Movie be released next year to coincide with the new CGI animated movie in March 2007.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Stephen Einhorn
New Line Home Entertainment
116 N. Robertson, Suite #400
Los Angeles, Ca. 90048

May 19,2006

Dear Mr. Einhorn,

As you probably are already aware, Warner is releasing a new CGI film of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in March 2007. I think this would be a perfect time to release a new 2 disc Special Edition DVD of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-The Original Movie from 1990. Although I have enjoyed your original DVD of the film from 1997, I would really like to buy a new edition of the film with an improved digital video transfer and a bonus disc of extras, including deleted scenes (which I have heard to exist), a commentary with the actors (i.e. Josh Pais-Raphael), documentary, featurettes, trailers/TV spots, etc.

I have greatly enjoyed your Platinum editions of your films and I believe that a new Platinum edition of TMNT-the original movie would sell very well with the new movie coming out next year. It truly put New Line on the map back in 1990 as a serious player and I believe that the film has a cult fan basis with comic book fans. It wasn’t just for kids.

Thank you very much for your time and attention and I look forward to your future
DVD and Hi Def format releases.

Sincerely Yours,
Eric

---------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone heard about the possibility of this film getting the deluxe treatment? It's been almost 10 years since the last release and I think the technology has improved since '97 where the film could be remastered with less grain and look a lot better!

Let New Line know if you are interested.

Thank you Ron Epstein and Robert Harris for all your support!

All the best,:)
ERICKA

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Jarrod,
Just added the question mark. Sorry about that. I hope someone at New Line reads this post!:)
ERICKA

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I'd buy this in a heartbeat. This is a TERRIFIC movie. I feel the same way about it that people who saw the Star Wars OT in theaters during their childhood probably felt.

While this movie does contain a bit of the "cowabunga dude!" silliness from the animated show (which I liked at the time), it does have a fairly serious overall tone and stays fairly true to the storyline of the early comics. As I recall there were actually several scenes trimmed to appease parents; it would be great to see those reinstated in an "unrated director's cut", which the director has expressed interest in doing in past interviews.

This is kinda funny because I was just thinking about this movie. Elias Koteas *sp*, the actor who played Casey Jones, appeared on tonight's season finale of "House". He looked much older.....has it really been THAT long?

The creature effects in this movie are great. As a child I absolutely believed that the Turtles and Splinter were really there, being photographed on set. Even today, Jim Henson's brilliant work (I believe his last on a feature film before his death) holds up quite well. If made now, the Turtles would undoubtedly be all CGI (even in an otherwise "live-action" film). While they would certainly be more fluid and be able to do more impressive ninja moves, they wouldn't have the soul that these creations have.

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Stephen,
I agree with you about the turtles not having the same soul in CGI.
I really would like to see an unrated director's cut, and a commentary as well. I heard there was a hilarious scene of the turtles taking a photograph together in a photo booth.
The movie should be treated better than a kid's title.

ERICKA

-------------------------------------------------------------
"A Jose Canseco Bat? Tell me, you DIDN'T pay money for this!!!!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah, I thought....'How the heck did I miss this news' when I saw the title :)..
especially since the ? added isn't showing up :)..

If anyone can snag a proper phone number for New Line we can use, we might be able to get something started..

Question to anyone in the know. Was the film MEANT to look grainy in night scenes? I always found that really odd...and I can't really describe it any better than I just did as to how I think it looks..

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,
HERE'S NEW LINE'S CONTACT INFO:

Address: 116 N. Robertson Blvd.
Local: Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone: 310-854-5811
Fax Number: 310-854-0422

I also found this info for New Line's Home Entertainment Publicity Dept.
Jennifer Sandler
(310) 967-6992. [email protected]

Sorry about the missing question mark in the title.
If I find any other phone numbers , I'll post them.
ERICKA

"A Jose Canseco Bat? Tell me, you DIDN'T pay money for this!!!!

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Neil V..........I don't know if the film was "meant" to look grainy, but it certainly does. I popped the current "flipper" DVD of this in last night. It looks, suffice to say, crappier than I remember it. I suspect most of this is symptomatic of the budget of the film, which was actually fairly low. Overall, the image on the current DVD is grainy and noisy, especially the night scenes, and the colors are horribly muted. This is a fairly old transfer and I'm sure New Line could do a much better job if they remastered it today. As to how true it is to the theatrical presentation, I believe I was 10 at the time, and did not pay much attention to such things. =)

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I was just thinking about this movie last night after seeing Elias Koteas on House. (And then of course I thought that this thread was an announcement, not a request (could a mod please add a question mark?)). I would love a remastered SE of TMNT as well, Eric.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Just changing your "title" via the edit button wont actually change the title as it shows on the main page...someone has to report it as a bad post to get it done. I too was eager to read this thread when I opened it in a tab, and now that I've made it here I am disappointed.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I watched this again about a year ago on VHS and it was better than I expected it to be. I would have thought that I'd find it dumb after so many years, but I still liked it. The second one was lighter IIRC. I lost my tape of that one.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'd love to see a new release of these, or maybe even new releases of the trilogy.

Is the new movie going to be all CGI animation, or live-action with CGI turtles?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
well, I tried calling, but the phone just rang for 5 minutes, and I eventually gave up. I shot an email over with my phone number and contact info, so maybe I'll get a reply. If I do, I'll let everyone know what happend,.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, the Email no longer works.. I can't help but wonder if the phone is dead as well. Both emails where returned to sender

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,
Sorry about the dead phone # and email links. I will look into it and when I find a correct phone # I will post it tonight.

Thanks again for persisting!!

EricKA:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks