What's new

"Classic Sesame Street Boxset" Out in October (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Great news!! I loved alot of the old animation stuff. I read some of it was supposedly done by Harvy Kurtzman. I would love to see that!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
That's the coolest news in a long time!!! I'm really hoping they include when Kermit the Frog was at the site of "Hickory Dickory Dock" for Sesame Street news. That was one of my favorite skits.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I wonder if they'll include any of the "banned" segments (Don Music, Roosevelt Franklin, etc.), segments that have been out of rotation for decades

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's about time this came out. For once they're releasing the stuff people actually want to see.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey,

Maybe that thread we started a year or two ago actually came to fruition? :)

I hope they release them by characters....That way we can avoid any Elmo material they may consider 'classic' and sneak in there :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my holy grails- now let's get a set of Every TV Commercial And Public Service Announcement Ever Made During The 1960s And 70s!

It'd be cool to see the first few complete shows, but they repeated so many segments ad naseum that there wouldn't be much point to release ALL of them, unless they had unlimited space to do it. I'll be happy if they just include all of the individual segments that made up the shows during that time. In fact, the constant repetition was what led me to stop watching the show, besides my being "too old" for it :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Complete episode sets are an impossibility. One 130-episode season of shows that run approximately an hour each would need about 43 discs if you had 3 episodes on DVD-9s, and DVD-18s could cut them in half. A blu-ray disc or two could hold a whole season, seeing as the show is on tape.

And in the first season, Big Bird is not the character we know now; he was a very slow adult with a voice vaguely like Bullwinkle the moose. Oscar the Grouch is orange.

But there are some key episodes that should be shown in their entirety.

The repetition was intended, because they thought children would remember things better if they were repeated constantly.

How many discs would THAT take up? And finding acceptable copies to boot. I'd probably buy it, though.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Excellent news. I wonder what classic tidbits will be contained within...

I'd also like to see complete DVD collections of themed sketches, starting with every single Ernie & Bert sketch ever made...then Super-Grover/Grover the Waiter...then Guy Smiley...Muppet News Flash...This Is Your Life...etc. etc. etc.

Plus, Vol. 2 of THE ELECTRIC COMPANY is on its way!!!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I wasn't suggesting season set, I was simply saying that this collection ought to have complete episodes on it. Like someone else said, perhaps "key" episodes (like the first one, the revelation of Snuffy, etc.). Yes, I'm aware that many segments were repeated over the years and yes, I'm aware a "season" was a lot longer than is practical. I'm just saying that this set shouldn't just be one big "clip show."

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Having a few complete episodes might be cool, but I think a better approach would be to have four discs -- one with the educational cartoons, one with muppet skits, and two with the plot segments (the Snuffleuppugus arc, etc.).

And for special features, they should have a tribute to Mr. Hooper.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I remember the pinball segments, which I recently saw a parody of it, on an episode of Family Guy. Boy, that really took me back in time! :)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks