Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Friend talked to 24's President Logan this weekend

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted May 22 2006 - 07:44 AM

We have a very good friend who is a major 24 fan. She has a friend who caddies in North Carolina. Her phone rings and Gregory Itzin, who's golfing in NC, says to her "This is President Logan." She flips completely out! She told him "We love to hate you so much!," to which he replied, "Then I'm doing my job."

Thought it was cool that this happened to such a close friend of ours!

#2 of 9 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,345 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 22 2006 - 09:30 AM

After his run on 24, Gregory Itzin is going to get alot more high profile work. He was great and I loved hating him too. Posted Image

#3 of 9 DaleC

DaleC

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 22 2006 - 05:58 PM

He was also funny in Friends, as Mike's father. I just watched the Friends DVDs and almost didn't realize who he was with the facial hair. It wasn't until I saw the name that I realised who it was Posted Image
"If news travels at anything less than the speed of light now, it just means we weren't paying attention."

--Bruce Sterling

#4 of 9 Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted May 22 2006 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleC
He was also funny in Friends, as Mike's father. I just watched the Friends DVDs and almost didn't realize who he was with the facial hair. It wasn't until I saw the name that I realised who it was Posted Image

I didn't know that was him. Now I recall when Phoebe punches him in the stomach Posted Image Could someone post a screencap?

The head-tilty-jaw-thing is kind of annoying, but he was certainly good as President Logan.

#5 of 9 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,063 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted May 23 2006 - 03:14 AM

Gregory Itzin (President Logan from "24") should get a show with Harry Groener (Mayor Wilkins from "Buffy") where they play amusingly unlikeable brothers. Posted Image

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#6 of 9 DaleC

DaleC

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 23 2006 - 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi K
I didn't know that was him. Now I recall when Phoebe punches him in the stomach Posted Image Could someone post a screencap?

The head-tilty-jaw-thing is kind of annoying, but he was certainly good as President Logan.

If you pull up his name on IMDB, he's got quite an extensive filmography.
"If news travels at anything less than the speed of light now, it just means we weren't paying attention."

--Bruce Sterling

#7 of 9 Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted May 23 2006 - 04:23 PM

Quote:
We have a very good friend who is a major 24 fan. She has a friend who caddies in North Carolina. Her phone rings and Gregory Itzin, who's golfing in NC, says to her "This is President Logan." She flips completely out! She told him "We love to hate you so much!," to which he replied, "Then I'm doing my job."
Five replies and no asked so I guess I am missing something obvious, but please do answer: Why did this gentleman call her?

--
H

#8 of 9 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,063 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted May 24 2006 - 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holadem
Five replies and no asked so I guess I am missing something obvious, but please do answer: Why did this gentleman call her?
Because his caddy asked if he would call a friend who was a big fan, and he was a good sport about it.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#9 of 9 Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted May 24 2006 - 02:14 AM

OK thanks I get it now. I somehow just never saw the second sentence of the original post, despite having read it a few times in puzzlement :b :b :b.

--
H

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow