Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Fugitive-A QM Production

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#81 of 88 OFFLINE   JoshuaB.

JoshuaB.

Second Unit

• 408 posts
  • LocationCowtown, formerly Vancouver

Posted November 25 2006 - 06:12 AM

I think this means Paramount is finally getting it together and releasing more of their classic dramas on DVD. There have been whispers of The Fugitive being released on DVD in the past, but nothing concrete about Paramount or a possible date. I don't mind if the seasons are split because if it ensures that the entire series is released, then it's well worth paying a little extra. I just hope the episodes are uncut and not timesped!

#82 of 88 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 25 2006 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaB.
I think this means Paramount is finally getting it together and releasing more of their classic dramas on DVD. There have been whispers of The Fugitive being released on DVD in the past, but nothing concrete about Paramount or a possible date. I don't mind if the seasons are split because if it ensures that the entire series is released, then it's well worth paying a little extra. I just hope the episodes are uncut and not timesped!

Same for me, Joshua. This one will almost be like a blind-buy for me since I haven't seen any of these since their original airings. My Dad never missed this one in our house so I have some faint memories of it but I'll be getting this series on DVD, partly due to the HTF'er's posts/info here Posted Image But, I won't buy if this set contains edited ("syndicated") versions. I'll wait for some reviews here before I get this one. The "Timespeed" thing doesn't bother me since I have the entire "Combat!" series and my ear just can't detect the "lexiconing" effect of the eps. I guess it's an individual thing about the Time-Compressed issue, similar to those that can detect PAL vs NTSC "speed-up". I can't detect either of these issues on my DVD's.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#83 of 88 OFFLINE   Ron68

Ron68

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted November 25 2006 - 03:52 PM

I'm really interested in this series, I saw the first and final episode when the movie, which I loved, came out and I liked what I saw. I really like that the series has a good beginning and a satisfying ending, which a lot of series lack. Thought it looks to be released in Volumes instead of season sets, this makes it easier for me to afford than full season sets, if it's as cheap as VTTBOTS.

#84 of 88 OFFLINE   phil*

phil*

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted March 26 2007 - 11:14 AM

I'll believe the new rumors of "The Fugitive"s impending release when the dvd is finally released; too many false rumors in the past have left me somewhat cynical...

Reaching From The Inner Mind To The Outer Limits

#85 of 88 OFFLINE   phil*

phil*

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted May 03 2007 - 09:50 AM

FINALLY....almost 40 years to the day when the series concluded....we will all be able to hear the dulcid tones of William Conrad once again...

#86 of 88 OFFLINE   Jeff#

Jeff#

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted May 03 2007 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil*
FINALLY....almost 40 years to the day when the series concluded....we will all be able to hear the dulcid tones of William Conrad once again...
I heard William Conrad in 2006 in well over 400 episodes of the radio version of GUNSMOKE as Marshal Matt Dillon. I also heard him in numerous episodes of two great radio anthology series: ESCAPE and SUSPENSE.

All free to download on fine OTR websites everywhere. Posted Image

#87 of 88 OFFLINE   phil*

phil*

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted August 13 2007 - 10:48 PM

Tuesday,August 14th...the day...the waiting...stopped...

#88 of 88 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted August 14 2007 - 12:28 AM

Since we've resurrected this thread too, I'll repeat my posting of a 1280x960 screen grab from the new DVD's "Nightmare At Northoak." One can use it as a cool background wallpaper for the computer.

http://home.earthlin....itiveframe.jpg

It's the classic still used for the series' logo throughout seasons 2 and 3, with a colored version for season 4.

Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

Forum Nav Content I Follow