Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

To HDMI or not to HDMI?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JasonTil

JasonTil

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 04:13 PM

I'm in the middle of new construction without an unlimited budget. I am not going the HD-DVD (or Blu-Ray) route just yet so I'm trying to decide whether to use an HDMI connection for just a hi-def satellite receiver and a DVD player. My question is whether it is worth the extra cost to use the HDMI connection. Or, would a component connection suffice. Thanks

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Don.l

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 11:24 PM

I would run the HDMI cable/s. I know I am going to. I'm just going to run an HDMI cable from the projector mounting area to the A/V rack. I don't plan on using HDMI yet either. My projector does support it, but that's it right now. I'm not going to deal with HD dvd yet either to expensive and you should never buy first generation hardware. I'd say at least run the cables now while you can, unless it will be just as easy for you to run the cabling later after the walls are up. Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users