Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Movie Channel Coming to Sirius?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Brent T

Brent T

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 12:17 AM

Yesterday on Stern, Dee Snider (Director/Writter/Singer) came into the studio to promote a show he would be doing on Sirius in the next month or two. He said he would be part of the Fangoria Radio which would deal with horror movies. Now I could be wrong but I thought he said that would take place on channel 120 (ESPN Radio) so there could be a nice channel change up coming to Sirius. I would assume ESPN would move to a channel such as 123 which is Sports Action. Has anyone heard anything more about this ?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 01:50 AM

SIRIUS is reportedly in negotiations with Variety and others to create a channel which will feature a mix of movie reviews/talk, dvd reviews/talk, and genre-oriented soundtrack programming. (Example: Sunday, 9PM, Dee Snider does Horror Movie Soundtracks) The idea is to create a channel which plays soundtracks (music) but also offers talk programming centered around the movie//hometheater business. It's also been discussed on other SIRIUS networks that changes are slated for June 25.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter

• 1,070 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 02:24 AM

That would be fantastic!
 This Are Intentionally Left Blank

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 05:18 AM

I think Variety and Fangoria and others have negotiated. Who knows how it will end up. But I know that they have a set lineup of some already signed that makes me believe it will be broader then just a "fangoria radio" but more of a whole movie oriented network, based on who has been contacted.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   dailW

dailW

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted May 19 2006 - 11:33 AM

a talk channel about movies would be awesome. i herd dee talk about it also.looking forward to listing to it.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   john mcfadden

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted June 03 2006 - 08:23 PM

I used to love listening to a guy named Mr Movie on 1210 am WCAU where he would just talk about movies for 4-5 hrs and take phone calls .....I miss those days. I wish Sirius would have such an option other than the E ! channel garbage

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   dailW

dailW

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 11:00 AM

f.y.i. fangoria radio is on tonight at 10 e.s.t. sirius stars 102

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users