What's new

A season set that is impossible to find is.... (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Beastmaster season 3. Don't ask me why but I'm a sucker for syndicated fantasy shows. I was going to buy all the seasons from deepdiscountdvd.com when I noticed 3 wasn't even listed. One thing led to another, and 2 hours and some minutes of searching later nothing. Online dvd stores don't have it, used stores are out of it, E-Bay doesn't even have it. This makes the Buffy Chosen collection availability look like a sunday school picnic. What gives? Does anyone know why season 3 suddenly without warning became extinct?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how that happened, but if I ordered it, I would probably receive Goemon Mystical Ninja vol.1 instead of Beastmaster. Just my luck.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
WOW! I could go on and on about this......

I also recently bought the 3 seasons of Beastmaster, the first two from amazon market vendors (new) for whatever, 20 30 bucks. The third one I couldn't find from them though...

So get this, I order it from Amazon right after christmas, in December. When did I receive? APRIL. Amazon had it listed as '7-14 days to deliver' or something to that effect, but it was continually pushed back, the estimated delivery time fluxed back and forth between 7-14 days to 2-3 weeks to 1-2 days, the customer service was a pain in the butt, I would get emails that said one thing and the customer service part of the website would say something completely different. Not to blame Amazon entirely though, as their customer service rep made it clear that this was an issue of not being able to obtain a copy of the season pack, and not knowing when they would be able to obtain one.

It was crazy though, 4 months..

In the end, I got a 5 dollar gift card towards my next Amazon purchase.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You should try searching for the item through ADV Films website. They have it listed in their store as I don't understand why they would have it.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
I was lucky enough to get all three seasons from a dealer on eBay a while back. But its my understanding that sales were not that strong and so after the original pressing they haven't done any more. So once distributors sold out they were unable to reorder.

Your best bet is probably to look on eBay or other 2nd hand sites.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Absolute rubbish. I give up. No one has season 3. You know your in trouble when E-bay has around 175 beastmaster season sets per week, and they are all seasons 1, and 2. I'm afraid when I do find one it'll go for $1,000. Being a completist is not always a good thing. I just wish I could sleep again. I know it's out there somewhere, and it will be mine.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just curious why you couldn't put the show's name in the thread title.

I was all excited and then found out it was a show I'd never even seen.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well I finally found a copy at secondspin.com for $18.99.

Everything going great. It shipped on 6/11.

I get an e-mail from secondspin.com today informing me they refunded my credit card for the amount, and my order was cancelled.....almost a week after i get the confirmation that it shipped. It was in stock when I ordered it so I thought everything was perfect.

Sweet mother of all thats holy. I never in my life have had more trouble trying to get a dvd than this. How many copies of Beastmaster season 3 were made originally? My guess is 14.

Giving up. Maybe someday another company will aquire this series and release season 3.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Can't you just buy it off of amazon like i did? Sure it took 4 months, lol....but I did get it in the end, and a 5 dollar gift coupon to boot!

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I feel your pain, I think I got a lead on one but right now I'm having trouble getting the first two seasons. I'm thinking it may not be worth it in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks