What's new

Love my new XM Pioneer Airware (1 Viewer)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I just got a Pioneer Airware XM2Go for my 40th birthday. I love it. Mine got shipped with one of the old bad batteries, and I'll have to wait for the replacement to come, but that's no biggie for me.....I have my home and car docks all set up.

I am also getting a 3-bar full signal in the car with the antenna resting on the dash (which I never thought I would be able to do). I'll leave it there for a while before I consider doing a roof top install.

I feel like a kid in a candy store....... ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jeff,

It's nice to see a positive post about XM
around here. Some of us have been in a
funk these days.

XM makes great portable units. If I didn't
have a job working so far away from a window
I would be wearing one of these at work.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
No problem Ron. I agree, I noticed a lot of negative posts in here. That's fine. It is what it is.

When you get something like this as a gift, you truly appreciate it. I guess I would have been happy with Sirius too, but I am very psyched to be able to listen to the Red Sox (sorry) wherever I am. I also have been listening to a lot more talk radio lately and I really am going to enjoy the programming XM has to offer in this regards.

I think packages like what you get with the Airware are great. Everything you need to get started. Yes, I wish the one bought for me had the new battery already, but it's good, then, that I have the car and home kits in the package.

There's a lot of programming opportunities for me to digest, but I'm already getting some favorites (I had plenty of time this morning to listen as the 40 minute commute to my client was 3 hours today due to the rain/floods/accidents/etc from the weather we have been having). But, it still will take me a while to figure out what channels I want to put in the memory presets.

Again, thanks for all your hard work on the forum and I look forward to hearing more of your XM comments......

[Edit: I meant to ask if anyone has a good CCF device file for a Pronto remote........]

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Congrats on the new toy. I really should upgrade to one as it would make walking my dog that much better. I really came close over Christmas but didn't pull the trigger. I con't know, I might just wait for the Pioneer Inno to drop in price to around $200 or for a new version to come out with a larger hd. I wish there was a product that could do XM/MP3/AM (I realize you can find FM products but I could care less about FM). That would be this talk radio junky/music lovers best scenario. Either way, have fun and enjoy the luxury known as portable satellite radio. I wish I had one right now.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Jed,

Yes, a larger recordable space would be nice. But I don't really see myself as ever really needing something like the Inno down the road....I have my iPod to house my music collection. I might set up more recording sessions if I had the space, but I'm making do with what I have.

Can't wait to get out of work to listen more.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks