-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jarhead is out. Anybody see it for PQ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,916 posts

Posted May 15 2006 - 12:42 AM

well? lemme know. saw it cinema. was beautifully shot. wondering if anyone watched it on HD-DVD =).

#2 of 8 Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted May 15 2006 - 08:09 AM

http://www.upcomingd....re=date_posted

http://hddvd.highdef...om/jarhead.html

Two reviews for you.
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#3 of 8 Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff

Screenwriter

• 2,853 posts

Posted May 15 2006 - 09:11 AM

I watched it the other night on HD DVD, exceptional visual quality. The photography made the movie.

#4 of 8 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,916 posts

Posted May 16 2006 - 02:33 AM

i would think this pic would make a better reference/demo disc than the other titles currently because of the bright dessert setting.

#5 of 8 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,033 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 20 2006 - 03:21 PM

looking at it right now.
of the 3 i have watched in hd dvd this one looks the best so far.
other 2 are doom and apollo 13.
i was dissapointed with doom
apollo 13 looked terrific.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 8 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,606 posts

Posted May 20 2006 - 05:26 PM

Finally watched this earlier this evening. It looked great. Maybe a touch of haloing in a few scenes, but nothing pervasive or obvious; to the point that perhaps I shouldn't even mention it.

Very clean and detailed image. The reds and oranges were very well saturated, and the blown out white skies were solid and clean with no digital artifacts. While the color pallette of the film is limited to two primary motifs, and consequently doesn't show off the color space of HD-DVD in the same manner as some of the other titles, this is one of the cleanest presentations I've seen yet. From a technical standpoint highly recommended. Somewhat mixed feelings about the film itself, but that is subjective and not the point of the thread.

I know some folks have reported problems with this title on their Toshiba players but my copy played flawlessly. To date, zero problems with player and titles ( knock on wood. Posted Image )

- Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#7 of 8 Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff

Screenwriter

• 2,853 posts

Posted May 21 2006 - 02:18 AM

Quote:
I know some folks have reported problems with this title on their Toshiba players but my copy played flawlessly. To date, zero problems with player and titles ( knock on wood. )

Same here. Every time I put a new title in the player that has been mentioned as problematic, I cross my fingers and hope for the best. But I've had no problems at all so far.

#8 of 8 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,033 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 21 2006 - 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel
Finally watched this earlier this evening. It looked great. Maybe a touch of haloing in a few scenes, but nothing pervasive or obvious; to the point that perhaps I shouldn't even mention it.

I know some folks have reported problems with this title on their Toshiba players but my copy played flawlessly. To date, zero problems with player and titles ( knock on wood. Posted Image )

- Walter.

i see some ringing but i think it was supposed to be there.
during the tv filmed interviews i saw it.
and just about anything that looked like it was filmed for a tv segment had it.
facebook.com/whotony

Forum Nav Content I Follow