What's new

V for Vendetta: August 1, 2006! single and 2 disc set! (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Great news! I will definitely be getting the 2-disc edition. Not very happy with the artwork, though; the art for the single disc is especially ugly, and Portman's floating head in red is too much on the 2-disc art.

Look forward to seeing what extras are on the second disc!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I cann't wait either. been waiting for the annoucment ever since I saw the movie.
I also felt that it was portman's best movie to date.
hopefully the hardcore star wars fans that missed it in the theatre will check it out.

Jacob

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Not a terrible cover, but I wish they would have used any of the poster art for the theatrical release. Those "propaganda" type pieces convery the message of the picture so much better.

This was supposedly one of the first HD titles Warner's was going to release day and date with its SD counterpart. Hopefully that announcement is coming soon!

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
That 2-disc will be mine! Can't wait to see this again.

I also notice that WB is bumping up the price of the 2-disc. With releases like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Harry Potter 4, the difference in list price was $2 (28.98 and 30.98).

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Looking forward to this. Loved the film. My only real gripe with the cover is that it says "from the creatorsa fo the Matrix trilogy" on it.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I loved it... it's unsettling and not easy to define.

As to the cover giving away the ending, I think you'd only think that if you had seen the movie. I can't imagine it meaning much to someone who hasn't seen it yet.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that is a very good question. you will see some people that love this movie very much and some who do not.. it happens to all movies. I personly liked it better then the matrix movies.. but there are probably others that prefer matrix over it.

I was not expecting much from it. I had heard great things about it.. I also felt that it delt with its polical themes better then most polical movies do..

I never read the comic book.. I had the same reaction like I did with sin city.

the polical theme might not be for everyone.. that is their choice.

I would becareful reading some reviews that contain some spoilers.. I was lucky enough not to know about the little twist in the middle of the movie.. which I was grateful for.

I do believe that this natalie portman's best movie yet. she carries the movie. her role in someways is alot like the keanu reeve role in the first matrix movie. the guy playing V.. did a great job.

it will be on my top 5 list at the end of the year.. hopefully we will get other great films. its the first best movie I have seen this year is what I am trying to say.

Jacob

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
This film will remain in my Top 10 of this year. It's that good. Can't wait for the 2-Disc Set although, I'm tempted to wait for HD.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

My two cents worth: My #2 movie of all time. Of course, I'm a bit biased being a gay man, but I think it's tells a story that's important and entertaining for everyone. Definitely a must see, a recommended buy.

I've been looking forward to seeing this again on DVD. I've marked my calendar for the SE.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

David...haven't seen it and know precious little about it. However, if it's about what I think it's about...and coupled with your comments, I think it is...this is a definite must buy when it comes out.

I'm just really, really, really starting to loathe these 1 and 2 disc releases.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Definitely the two disc version will be worth it. V For Vendetta is one of the most impressive movies of this year and this decade.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I saw it in the theaters and I will be sticking with the one disc, especially because the stuff on the second disc doesn't look that worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks