What's new

Just received Panasonic 36HX41, have some questions/problems... (1 Viewer)

Jason Price

Second Unit
I just received my Panasonic 36HX41 today - the picture looks great for the most part, but I do have some questions. I don't have a service manual (yet), so keep that in mind...
1) The main problem I've noticed is that I have color splotches in all 4 corners. I do have fairly large speakers (Paradigm Studio 80s and Reference CC) pretty close to the tv, as well as electronics (Yamaha RXV2095, DVD player, DirecTIVO) on the shelf immediately below the tv. Could this be causing the problem? I would tend to say no, seeing as it's in all 4 corners (and the CC is shielded, at least). But, I could be wrong...
2) Overall, geometry isn't bad. Had the tilt out of the box, but was able to correct that with the Geomagnetic Correction adjustment. Horizontal lines seem very straight. Vertical lines, however, are rather wavy, with a definite bowing towards the middle.
3) Don't really notice a red push issue, but I just might not be able to recognize it. :)
4) How can I get into the service menu? Will any adjustments in there help with the above mentioned problems?
5) How does the anamorphic squeeze work? There's really no mention of it in the manual. I have my DVD player hooked up via S-Video (no composite
frown.gif
). How will I know if the auto-detection is working?
Any input for any of this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :)
------------------
-Jason
If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything...

DougP

Agent
1) That sounds just like the geomagnetic adjustment, which you've found. I think there's a lot of tweaking to get this thing just right (I still have yet to get geometry right). But I can tell you - the geomagnetic adjustment causes those splotches!
2) See 1) - I think you fixed one thing and caused another. You'll probably have to adjust the geometry in service mode.
3) Don't look for it!
4) Get the service manual from Panasonic, it's about $15 delivered. There are places on the web to find out how to get in there too.
5) This I do not know!

brian__pratt

Agent
JaimelM-

can you elaborate on that? he was asking for assistance with his new tv...not a thread cr@p.

are there specific problems he should be aware of? i own a 36HX41E as well...it has issues (haven't begun to calibrate it yet), but for the cost it is a decent unit ($1500).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks