Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

SPHE Press Release: Road House 2 and Road House: Deluxe Edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,620 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 08:57 AM

ROAD HOUSE 2 AND ROAD HOUSE: DELUXE EDITION ARRIVE ON DVD JULY 18

The Much Anticipated Sequel Road House 2 Features Performances by
Jonathan Schaech and Jake Busey

The Original Cult Classic Also Arrives on Deluxe Edition DVD Featuring Performances by Patrick Swayze and Kelly Lynch

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (May 1, 2006) – MGM Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment bring Road House 2, the sequel to the action-packed film Road House, to DVD July 18 for an SRP of $24.96. Road House 2 is an all-new sequel to the cult favorite and stars Jonathan Schaech (The Sweetest Thing, 8MM2), Jake Busey (Identity, Enemy of the State) and Will Patton (“Into the West,” Remember the Titans). The film depicts how one man must stand up and fight to save his community from drugs and crime. Road House 2 is directed by Scott Ziehl (Cruel Intentions 3) and produced by Yoram Pelman (Confessions of an American Girl).

The original classic is also arriving on Deluxe Edition DVD. Road House: Deluxe Edition stars Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing, Ghost), Kelly Lynch (Charlie’s Angels, “The L Word”), Sam Elliott (Thank You for Smoking, Ghost Rider) and Ben Gazzara (The Thomas Crown Affair) in the modern day western where one man must save a business and a town against impossible odds. Road House was directed by Rowdy Harrington (Striking Distance, “Tales from the Crypt”) and produced by Joel Silver (The Matrix Trilogy, V for Vendetta). The Deluxe Edition DVD includes interviews with real bouncers, an audio commentary by Patrick Swayze and an exclusive sneak peek at Road House 2.

Road House: Deluxe Edition Synopsis

Fresh from earning his doctorate at New York University, loner Dalton (Swayze) finds work as a bouncer at the Double Duce, a rough-and-tumble bar in Jasper, Missouri, where beer-soaked free-for-alls are a nightly event. During his first night on the job, Dalton is hurt but quickly patched up by “Doc” Elizabeth Clay (Lynch), a beautiful woman working as the town’s physician. Dalton and “Doc” immediately hit it off, but he quickly learns that another man, Brad Wesley (Gazzara) already has his eye on her. Wesley, the local crime boss who has nearly everyone in Jasper under his thumb and is partly responsible for the crime at the Double Duce, learns of Dalton’s feelings for Doc and vows vengeance. But Dalton, with his unique mixture of brute force and Zen oneness, isn’t about to let his college money go to waste.

DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE

Audio Commentary with Patrick Swayze
“What Would Dalton Do” Documentary
Deleted Scenes
TV Spots
Trivia Track
Sneak Peek at Road House 2

Road House: Deluxe Edition
DVD Catalog #: 15118
DVD UPC Code: 0-27616-15118-6
DVD Order Date: 6/15/06
DVD SLP: $19.94

Road House Deluxe Edition has a run time of 114 minutes and is rated R.

Road House 2 Synopsis

In Road House 2, Nate Tanner (Patton), owner of the Black Pelican roadhouse, is beaten up by local drug runner Wild Bill and his entourage in an effort to pressure him to sell his club. Nate’s nephew Shane (Schaech), an undercover DEA agent, comes to the small town to help his uncle run the club and soon finds himself defending the roadhouse from an increasing number of drug runners, all intent on making the place their own. To their surprise, Shane inherits the bar and fights to save the bar and his uncle in the corrupt Bayou town.

Road House 2
DVD Catalog #: 15168
DVD UPC Code: 0-27616-15168-1
DVD Order Date: 6/8/06
DVD SLP: $24.96

Road House 2 has a run time of 87 minutes and is rated R for violence and nudity.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted May 08 2006 - 09:43 AM

I love the original and will be picking that up, but the sequel, eh. I like direct to video sequels, but the premise just doesn't sound all that good.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williamson
I love the original and will be picking that up, but the sequel, eh. I like direct to video sequels, but the premise just doesn't sound all that good.

Not sure I follow, unless that was a joke. All Sony is doing is running the originals through a copy machine and spitting them out. The premise is identical to the original. If you loved the original and like direct-to-video sequels, this should be a lock.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   James@R

James@R

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
“What Would Dalton Do” Documentary

I think that alone pretty much makes it an essential purchase. Posted Image

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 06:45 PM

I can tell you that I wasn't waiting for a sequel to Road House. I'll pass on the sequel.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Erin C

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted May 11 2006 - 11:50 AM

DVDActive just posted the official artwork for Roadhouse DE
and it is absolutely AWFUL!

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted May 11 2006 - 12:49 PM

Can't wait to hear the Kevin Smith/Scott Mosier commentary track on "Road House".
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

Forum Nav Content I Follow