Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

most disturbing scene or episode on tv . Spoilers abound (no reality/news please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#1 of 73 OFFLINE   Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted May 06 2006 - 04:53 PM

Lets try to stick to stricktly scripted shows.
And note that just by clicking on this thread, there are bound to be lots of spoilers.
There are 3 moments that got to be, the first would be on the shiled when Mackey scolds the guy's head over the hot stove, and when Acerveda is raped (in a very prolonged scene)
And in season 1 of deadwood where both of the kids were shot in the head.
Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of...

#2 of 73 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,043 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted May 07 2006 - 01:54 AM

I think the CSI episode with Nick trapped in the glass coffin with red ants eating him was pretty disturbing. That whole 2 parter was pretty disturbing.

There was an episode of Grey's Anatomy. The one with the big train crash. Two survivors had a pipe through them like a shish-ka-bob. The doctors had to decide which one would have to die to save the other. That would be very hard to do.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#3 of 73 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted May 07 2006 - 02:12 AM

The actaul shots of the sex change operation during the South park episode of " Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" - as well as the final shot of Kyle's knees blowing out on the basketball court.

#4 of 73 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted May 07 2006 - 02:42 AM

Thats easy, the whole episode of "Home" on the X Files. Everything from incest to dead babies. That was a damn scary episode.

#5 of 73 OFFLINE   Lance_R

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted May 07 2006 - 03:07 AM

I would agree with Rick, that is the only TV episode that has ever given me the chills.

#6 of 73 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 07 2006 - 04:57 AM

In the realm of disturbing but funny, in The Sopranos when Janice is using a vibrator on Ralphie and pretends to be his pimp.

In the realm of just plain disturbing, Jack being forced by the bad guys to kill Chappelle (his boss) in the third season of 24 (Day Three: 6 AM To 7 AM) was pretty bad. It looks like the show may take the easy way out and let Chappelle kill himself. Only he can't do it and so Jack kills him. The whole episode is a tense build up to it and it's just plain rough when it happens. It's a "Goddamn, I can't believe they did that!" moment.

#7 of 73 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted May 07 2006 - 02:36 PM

The "Six Feet Under" episode "That's My Dog".
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#8 of 73 OFFLINE   Nicodemus

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted May 07 2006 - 03:22 PM

I have to agree with The X-Files episode "Home". Scary as hell, shouldn't be watched while home alone. Also killing those kids in Deadwood bothered me for a day or two, as did Aceveda's blowjob in The Shield.

I might add to the list of disturbing moments those couple "eye scenes" from Farscape - from the episodes DNA Mad Scientist and A Clockwork Nebari. Also the moments in Twin Peaks when Bob's around make me a bit jumpy.

#9 of 73 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted May 07 2006 - 04:39 PM

As far as a show really shaking me up through and through, I would have to say the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode 'The Body'. It captured death, plain and simple, coming home to find your mom just...dead, no vampire bite, no demon, just...dead.

Buffy wandering to the back door on a lovely sunny day, the birds are chirping and people are going about their daily lives while her world has just collapsed, rings so true that it hurts to watch. In fact, especially considering that it was a show about monsters and vampires, no show has captured that as fully or as painfully.

Now, if we're talking just f***ed up stuff, the episode of Prison Break when those two bastards killed the kids parents and then the one convict killed the other guys cat.

That ep is actually the one that turned me off to the show, dropped it like a hot potato and haven't thought about it since.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#10 of 73 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted May 07 2006 - 04:54 PM

The most disturbing thing I can recall was when Beecher hit Schillinger in the head with the heavy iron weight and then squatted over his face and shit in his mouth.

Oz was never advertised as a family show... Posted Image

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#11 of 73 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted May 07 2006 - 05:55 PM

I agree with Scott. That the 2-part season finale of CSI that Tarantino directed was pretty damn disturbing from start to finish. Hell, they find someone's entrails laying on the ground in the first couple minutes of the show. There's also been some pretty crazy stuff on The Shield(Aceveda's rape, the stove incident) and The Sopranos(Melfi's rape, Tony and Christopher chopping up Ralphie Ciffaretto).

The episode of 24 where Jack killed Chappelle wasn't so much disturbing as it was just a complete shock. I think it was the first time I've ever sat there with my mouth open going "I can't believe they just did that on network television".
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#12 of 73 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 01:27 AM

Prison Break does have some pretty messed up scene's, but what are you expecting? It's a show about convicts...
The one thing that instantly popped into my head was also from Prison Break, where one of the characters, nickname "Tweener", is beeing "raped" by this other character who's nickname is "Avacado" and finally Tweener has enough and grabs a shive and cuts the guys unmentionable's off. We don't see the actual cutting but we see Tweener pull out the the shive and the camera cuts with the guy screaming. Some messed up stuff, but that show is amazingly well done.

Just remember "On a test in high school, Jack Bauer wrote down violence for all his answers, because Jack Backer always solves things with violence."
-Nick G.

"The number of people whose permission I need before I can do whatever the hell I want..." - Josh Lyman

#13 of 73 OFFLINE   Robin Warren

Robin Warren

Second Unit

• 337 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 03:07 AM

I remember an early episode of Cheers. Carla and Paul had sex. Shudder!

#14 of 73 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 08 2006 - 03:38 AM

The episode of King of the Hill where Hank and Peggy get drunk and roll around in the garage, then go skydiving, and Peggy's parachute doesn't open. That was really heavy stuff (especially for an animated show that's on before 8 pm).

Most episodes of Six Feet Under. Posted Image

And the overly graphic stuff from Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina -- that was just uncalled for. Probably the only South Park rerun that I skipped.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#15 of 73 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 03:59 AM

Add me to the list of those who found the X-Files episode "Home" to be one of the most psychologically disturbing and unnerving things I've ever viewed on either broadcast or basic cable. I wrote a longish post about it in the "Quick X-Files Guide" thread...about its effect on me.

Excellent, excellent episode...first viewing, and every viewing thereafter. It has never lost its power to thoroughly chill me.

#16 of 73 OFFLINE   Jon Bell

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 04:18 AM

There was an episode of ER that originally aired at least 9 or 10 years ago that featured a pregnant woman who bleeds out during labor. Anthony Edwards was the doctor. Very scary for someone who (at the time) was trying to start a family.

#17 of 73 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,043 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted May 08 2006 - 04:28 AM

I agree that the episode called "The Body" in Buffy was disturbing. Real raw, emotional, harsh etc. Joss did a really great job of keeping the viewers uncomfortable during the entire show. It is really hard watching it on dvd because you get no breaks at all.

Speaking of ER. I guess I find the whole show too disturbing. I have only watched one episode and that was it. When I found out that Kellie Martin was on the show, I decided to watch an episode. She got stabbed and died. I found the entire show way too stressfull. Not enjoyable at all.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#18 of 73 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 08 2006 - 04:36 AM

What season of X-Files is "Home" in?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#19 of 73 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 08 2006 - 04:37 AM

Home is in Season Four episode two.

#20 of 73 OFFLINE   Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
There was an episode of ER that originally aired at least 9 or 10 years ago that featured a pregnant woman who bleeds out during labor. Anthony Edwards was the doctor. Very scary for someone who (at the time) was trying to start a family.

Was that the "Love's Labor Lost" episode? That episode is typically recognized as the #1 overall ER episode... it was very tough to watch...
“Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don’t have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one. I just do things. I’m a wrench in the gears. I hate plans. Yours, theirs,...