-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched Season 4?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#41 of 118 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 09:44 AM

While I don't like waiting, I think the street date is perfect for sakes being so close to Halloween. I hope they don't make these releases an annual thing though.

Paul

#42 of 118 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 10:38 AM

I doubt it, this will make three releases for this series for this year. That means that we could see the end of this series being released next year. EHE HEH

#43 of 118 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted August 11 2006 - 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
I doubt it, this will make three releases for this series for this year. That means that we could see the end of this series being released next year. EHE HEH

Well, three releases in a one year period (October 2005 - October 2006 = Seasons 2, 3, and 4) but for the year of 2006 only two seasons (Seasons 3 and 4). So really the series should be completed on DVD in 2008.

#44 of 118 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 03:02 AM

TSoD has posted the official announcement of S.4 along with cover art!!

Posted Image

I would've lost my bet that the cover would be orange in following the color wheel like they seemed to have been doing. And again the photo of Samantha is a publicity still from Season One instead of Season Four, but the picture of Durwood is correct as it comes from Episode #121: "My, What Big Ears You Have". Endora's photo is from Season One.

Aside from all that, October 24 cannot arrive soon enough!!

#45 of 118 Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

• 732 posts

Posted August 14 2006 - 06:35 AM

looks good!

#46 of 118 Caitlin-A

Caitlin-A

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted August 19 2006 - 03:19 AM

Please tell me that this new cover is a joke? And not a very funny one at that!

Posted Image

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade because I am grateful for the episodes. I want everyone to know that. But what I can't understand is why we can't have extras (which is another post better put off for another time) and the fact that we keep getting these horrid box covers. I know I am going to be flamed for this but someone has to speak up.

This "new" box has to be a joke. Because if that's not what it's meant to be I'm taking it that way. I know somebody out there has to be in agreement with me. Look at poor Lizzie! She looks horrible considering her face is from an earlier season pasted on a body from a much later season!

They took her body and hair from this photo:
Posted Image
and her face from this photo (obviously using high quality photos)
Posted Image
and pasted them (or in my opinion blended them horribly) together. Okay, so maybe someone will think it's an actual photo but a true eye and true fan will always be able to tell.

I'm not trying to start an argument here or anything. I just want to get my opinion out and hopefully somebody at Sony will see that these box images have to stop - or at least fire the person creating them! Hire me. I'll do it. Heck, I'll do it for free if I knew we'd have something worth looking at.

What I don't understand is that this day and age we have a whole world at our fingertips called the "internet." Yet, these people in the art department aren't taking advantage of it. It's called do some research before you paste images together. I know they probably only have a small amount of time to come up with something but this is really ridiculous. There is a site called The Bewitched Collector (I've linked right to the season 4 photos page) who has a lot of nice photos that these people could be studying/using from the fourth season. Why they insist on using images from the wrong season is beyond me. You can tell they really don't care. They just want to make money. Personally, I'd rather just buy the episodes and leave the box in the store.

#47 of 118 bewitchedfan1

bewitchedfan1

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 05:25 PM

I'm most pleased that the 4th season of Bewitched is finally coming out. I was hoping that it would have happened around late July at the latest so season 5 DVD set would be out by end of year, and completion of the series by late next year, guess that's not going to happen, and looks indeed to be completed in 2008, a most long wait for mePosted Image I was most pleased t see the cover colour being green, I was hoping that it would be, and I must agree, I sure don't like that photo of Samantha, most unappealing indeedPosted Image I sure hope it's a joke, we can only hope. I too wish that there were some Special Features included too, aren't they a basic inclusion in the majority of DVD's and boxed sets (i.e. Seinfeld season sets are a prime example).
Just to quickly mention, I hope that Season 5 will come out in a few months and not 6 months or so as it looks it will be. I hope the cover will be orange, and maybe for season 6, for it to be yellow.
I've never watched any episodes in Season 4 (as I am from Canada, and don't get any broadcaster that shows it (I also never seen any of season 3 until I got the season's set, and have never seen any of seasons 7 or 8. I sure would love to see all of them sometimes.
Thanks,
Roger

#48 of 118 bewitchedfan1

bewitchedfan1

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 05:28 PM

What is TsOD's website?
Roger

#49 of 118 Scott+W

Scott+W

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted August 22 2006 - 06:01 PM

www.tvshowsondvd.com

#50 of 118 bewitchedfan1

bewitchedfan1

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 23 2006 - 05:10 AM

Thanks for the help ScottPosted Image David, which site did you get that version of the Season 4 cover from? I sure hope that it is that version that will happen, and not the bad-looking one. If you look towards the lower left corner of the cover view- showing the edge, it shows the nicer photo on the side, and not the bad looking one. On each other season set, the photo on it's sides are the same as the front photo. Let's keep our fingers crossed it is the one where Samantha is in purple and not in the white....
Roger

#51 of 118 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted August 23 2006 - 10:33 AM

The version of the cover I posted was what was originally given to TSoD and I got it from there...I sure hope they would use it (even if it isn't from the right season).

#52 of 118 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Stunt Coordinator

• 233 posts

Posted August 25 2006 - 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin-A
Please tell me that this new cover is a joke? And not a very funny one at that!

Posted Image.

That new cover looks terrible. Samatha looks quite manic.

I have to say that the photoshop job (masking, color matching, etc) has been quite unprofessional looking on these Bewitched and IDOJ sets - and that includes the designs of the slim line inserts. If you look at the photos in the slim lines of Bewitched S1, the tones of the black and white photos don't even match. I'm not sure who contracted this 'artist' but I would think there would be someone who could do a much better job. The cartoon illustrations look ok, but the photos, their consitency, and their placement look like crap.

#53 of 118 bewitchedfan1

bewitchedfan1

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted September 05 2006 - 02:26 AM

The photo that was on the original version- the nicer one, is from one of the DVD sleeve covers from Season 3. Maybe Sony decided not to use it again so soon...? I sure hope that they would use it myself, anything is better than the above photo. The guys who decided upon this pic must be dementedto go with that onePosted Image
Roger

#54 of 118 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 06:01 AM

DVD Talk has posted their review of Season 4 (http://www.dvdtalk.c...w.php?ID=24028).

Seems pretty early for a review as it is about 29 days til it's released...but I still can't wait!

#55 of 118 bewitchedfan1

bewitchedfan1

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted September 28 2006 - 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David*P
DVD Talk has posted their review of Season 4 (http://www.dvdtalk.c...w.php?ID=24028).

Seems pretty early for a review as it is about 29 days til it's released...but I still can't wait!

26 days and counting!!!!Posted Image Can't wait myself for this season to come out- I've never seen it myself yet, so it's going to be a surprise.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone has purcased the full 8 season DVD set that is available on the internet (I believe through dvdplanet.net)? I'm just curious if this is an authorized set, or what. If it's any good, extas or what? I kind of would like to get the whole set so I can see the episodes I've never seen (all of 4, last 4 of S6, and all of 7 and 8. As well, it'll be torture to wait at least another 2 years before the completion of the season releases (as it looks like Oct. 2008 for S8 to be coming outPosted Image
Many of my most favorite episodes are in Seasons 5 and 6, and waiting another year to have them is going to be pure agony. Curse those crazy people at Sony deciding on such lengthy release schedules!Posted Image
Thanks,
Roger

#56 of 118 Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,411 posts

Posted September 29 2006 - 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewitchedfan1
On another note, I was wondering if anyone has purcased the full 8 season DVD set that is available on the internet

Unless it is from Japan where Sony has released all 8 seasons, it is most likely a boot leg. Only Sony can legally release Bewitched and they are only up to season 4 (in a few weeks.)in R1

#57 of 118 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,358 posts

Posted September 29 2006 - 05:42 AM

I clicked on the link to the review. And here was the review:

The following error was encountered:
SELECT ReviewUsers.Name AS Name, ReviewUsers.ID AS UserID, ReviewUsers.Signature AS Signature, ReviewText.MovieTitle AS MovieTitle, ReviewText.Region AS Region, ReviewStudios.ID AS StudioID, ReviewStudios.Studio AS Studio, ReviewText.BounceURL AS BounceURL, ReviewText.MovieRating AS MovieRating, ReviewText.SoundRating AS SoundRating, ReviewText.RepeatRating AS RepeatRating, ReviewText.PictureRating AS PictureRating, ReviewText.ExtrasRating AS ExtrasRating, ReviewText.FixedSidebar AS FixedSidebar, ReviewText.ReviewText AS ReviewText, ReviewText.AudioType AS AudioType, ReviewText.ReviewType AS ReviewType, ReviewText.Rating AS Rating, ReviewText.MSRP AS MSRP, ReviewText.PostID AS PostID, ReviewText.Hardware AS Hardware, ReviewText.AdultDVDEmpireID AS AdultDVDEmpireID, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ReviewText.ReleaseDate) AS UTS_ReleaseDate, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ReviewText.PostedDateTime) AS UTS_AddedDateTime, ReviewText.ReferralURL AS ReferralURL, ReviewText.ImageURL AS ImageURL, ReviewAdvice.Advice AS Advice FROM ReviewUsers, ReviewText, ReviewAdvice LEFT JOIN ReviewStudios ON ReviewStudios.ID=ReviewText.StudioID WHERE ReviewText.UserID=ReviewUsers.ID AND ReviewText.Advice=ReviewAdvice.ID AND ReviewText.ID=24028) AND ReviewText.RecordState='Approved'

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND ReviewText.RecordState='Approved'' at line 1

What a scatching review! Sounds like the 4th season is going to utterly suck!

#58 of 118 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted September 29 2006 - 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
I clicked on the link to the review. And here was the review:

The following error was encountered:
SELECT ReviewUsers.Name AS Name, ReviewUsers.ID AS UserID, ReviewUsers.Signature AS Signature, ReviewText.MovieTitle AS MovieTitle, ReviewText.Region AS Region, ReviewStudios.ID AS StudioID, ReviewStudios.Studio AS Studio, ReviewText.BounceURL AS BounceURL, ReviewText.MovieRating AS MovieRating, ReviewText.SoundRating AS SoundRating, ReviewText.RepeatRating AS RepeatRating, ReviewText.PictureRating AS PictureRating, ReviewText.ExtrasRating AS ExtrasRating, ReviewText.FixedSidebar AS FixedSidebar, ReviewText.ReviewText AS ReviewText, ReviewText.AudioType AS AudioType, ReviewText.ReviewType AS ReviewType, ReviewText.Rating AS Rating, ReviewText.MSRP AS MSRP, ReviewText.PostID AS PostID, ReviewText.Hardware AS Hardware, ReviewText.AdultDVDEmpireID AS AdultDVDEmpireID, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ReviewText.ReleaseDate) AS UTS_ReleaseDate, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(ReviewText.PostedDateTime) AS UTS_AddedDateTime, ReviewText.ReferralURL AS ReferralURL, ReviewText.ImageURL AS ImageURL, ReviewAdvice.Advice AS Advice FROM ReviewUsers, ReviewText, ReviewAdvice LEFT JOIN ReviewStudios ON ReviewStudios.ID=ReviewText.StudioID WHERE ReviewText.UserID=ReviewUsers.ID AND ReviewText.Advice=ReviewAdvice.ID AND ReviewText.ID=24028) AND ReviewText.RecordState='Approved'

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND ReviewText.RecordState='Approved'' at line 1

What a scatching review! Sounds like the 4th season is going to utterly suck!

LOL...actually I clicked on the link myself and received that same message. But I just went to dvdtalk.com and searched for BW reviews and found it.

And yes, I would say unless it's the Japanese release of the series, any website saying they have all 8 seasons on DVD is selling bootlegs....

#59 of 118 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted September 29 2006 - 07:24 AM

Has anyone actually seen these Japanese DVDs?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#60 of 118 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,194 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted September 29 2006 - 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
Has anyone actually seen these Japanese DVDs?

One of my best friends in Boston has the first several Japanese sets. He stopped buying them when word of the US editions came out. The artwork is much better, and almost all the pictures on each set are from the appropriate seasons. The first 3 seasons I believe are missing a few episodes, but they have been added to the 8th season box as bonuses I think. He hasn't commented on any picture quality differences, but they probably must be pretty close, or he would have said something .

I would much rather have the artwork from the Japanese sets, but as long as we get all the episodes uncut, and as beautiful looking as they've been, I'm not complaining.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow