Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

If this is real, what show is it?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 06 2006 - 08:31 AM

My sister swears she saw a show on TV with Tom Bosley smoking in the Brady Bunch house. No, she doesn't do drugs. What the hell could this be?

#2 of 9 MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor

• 572 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 06 2006 - 10:30 AM

It sounds like last week's That '70's Show.

Their house has a Brady-like staircase.

But Bosley didn't appear on that set at any point in the show.
40% Ben Katz + 30% Bobby Hill (Texas) + 20% Monica Geller + 10% William Dent. (Wardrobe by George Costanza)

#3 of 9 Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted May 06 2006 - 11:36 AM

I remember seeing Tom in a cameo as a therapist in a sitcom last week. Unfortunately I don't remember which show it was.....

Edit: I just looked it up and it was "That 70's Show" that he played a therapist.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#4 of 9 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 06 2006 - 01:53 PM

It would have been filmed in the '70s, I think. It gets weirder. She says Marion Ross was on there, and their son was played by Robbie Rist. I think she saw this when she was pregnant, so maybe it was the hormones. Posted Image

#5 of 9 Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted May 06 2006 - 02:18 PM

Are you sure she isn't confusing Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham with Mr. and Mrs. Howell? Natalie Schafer and Jim Backus were guest stars on two of the 6 Robbie Rist episodes of The Brady Bunch.

Otherwise, there's nothing in Robbie Rist's credits that puts him in that house with those stars.

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#6 of 9 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 06 2006 - 02:53 PM

She knows the Brady Bunch backward and forward, so she's not confusing it. I don't know what the deal might be. I've probably run the same searches you ran and also came up empty.

There is one possibility. It might have been some PBS adaptation. I know I saw some completely crazy play-for-TV with Jean Stapleton and Rue McClanahan as scientists who worked with a singing dolphin or some such craziness, and that doesn't show up on the IMDb, either. I think she might have even said it was on PBS.

Edit: Gentlemen, stop the presses! We have our first tangible evidence of this thing, in the form of a newsgroup post from 1993!

Quote:
I saw the brady house in a school film about smoking and Tom Bosley was the father in it!

And another from 1998!

Quote:
That's funny -- I remember some film from when I was in grade school (?) that I seem to think might have been an anti-smoking film (help me if this sounds familiar!) in the SAME house, and Marion Ross and Tom Bosley were the parents in the house! It too had some SLIGHT variations on the floorplan... Wow, totally forgot about this. Does ANYONE know what I'm talking about here???

Yay, my sister is not crazy! Posted Image

#7 of 9 Desilu500

Desilu500

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 08 2012 - 06:22 AM

Yes! I saw this in school as well and no one remembers. So glad I found a few others here that knows of it :-)

#8 of 9 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,968 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 08 2012 - 04:46 PM

6 years later and it's dredged up from the dark cellar of anonymity.

#9 of 9 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,993 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 08 2012 - 06:50 PM

I never saw that but would love to. Probably plenty funny.

facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow