Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best Outdoor Speakers Under

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator

• 159 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 07:59 AM

I am in the process of looking for new outdoor speakers under $600. About a year ago I listened to the Boston Acoustics Grand Voyagers and loved them, only to put off the purchase to this summer. Now they have been discontinued (with the Voyager 7's taking their place) and was wondering if there were any other speakers I should consider before making the purchase.

FYI: I live in NJ and while I could leave them up all year, I plan on taking them down in the harsh East Coast winters. Not that it makes much of a difference in the responses.

Any advice? Thanks in advance....
At my signal, unleash Hell.......

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,684 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 08:26 AM

I would see what the Voyager 7's sound like before discounting them, especially since you like the sound of the other Boston's. That said, I just got a pair of Polk Atrium 55's for less than half your budget I really like and you could move up to the 60's for $400. It would be very easy to take them down for the winter, all you do is loosen the top and bottom mounting screws, leaving just the brackets.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   kurtZoom

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted May 05 2006 - 02:00 AM

Check out the AW650s from
http://www.proficientaudio.com/
These are much less than your budget but sound awesome.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional