Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Good musical sub plans?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   AndrewLevine

AndrewLevine

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted May 02 2006 - 06:50 PM

I am looking to build a subwoofer that would be used for music mostly, perhaps 80% of the time in a medium sized room. I looked at several plans and I was not sure which would be best for sub's used for movies, or music (which from what I hear is more difficult to make sound good).

My goal is a good music sub UNDER $400 and have no size limitations.

My equipment thus far (if this helps make any decisions):
Harman Kardon AVR 235 (65 watts RMS in stereo)
Athena F2.2 (Dual 8" woofers, 20-100 watts RMS, freq rep down to 35 hz)

Thanks for your time,
Andrew

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   MarkRoberts

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted May 04 2006 - 05:24 AM

Andrew,
There is a servo kit you could get from rythmikaudio.com. I haven't personally heard it but if you look/search over at HTguide.com you should come up with a couple of people you could contact.
I have built a sealed 15" using a parts express Quattro 15" and a rythmikaudio basic 250 amp. I liked it for music and movies both. My room was roughly 12' X 14'.The cost of the quattro was around 250-300.00.There is also the new RS subs from parts express there are some guys over at HTguide that have built sealed ones also. You could look at zaphaudio.com for a example of one. It is in the archive section.