Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony SXRD and Cable Card

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted May 01 2006 - 06:24 AM

We're shopping for a 50-60" rear projection TV. Last night, based on reading a lot of stuff here and other forums, and viewing the various TVs at a local showroom, I thought I had narowed my choice down to the Sony KDS-R60XBR1. So I downloaded the user manual from Sony, and started reading it, in terms of connections, just to make sure it would do what I want... I am very interested in utilizing the "Cable Card" slot, as having to tune through an external cable box has been a pet peeve of mine for years now... I know that means no cable box, and no cable box DVR, no cable menus, etc... Fine... BUT... Can I hook up a REGULAR DVR (Tivo or a simple DVR harddrive without all the tivo bells & whisltes)? It looks like there is no OUTPUT from the TV, other than a couple of RCA audio and a single Digital audto outs on the back. How would a DVR (or even a $50 VCR for that matter) grab the descrambled signal coming out of the TV? Any help is appreciated.
"I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users