What's new

How's Million Dollar Baby? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
When i picked up my player today, they gave me a choice of a free disc and i grabbed this (they didn't have Serenity, doggoneit).
before i open it though i just wanted to check the a/v quality with anyone thats watched it yet.
i realize the audio levels are still low for this one, but how is the picture?

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Excellent pic quality and as you mentioned low sound. When I turn up my system 10db it sounds great through the analog 5.1 inputs. If you like the movie you'll be happy here...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
cool- thanks Steve.

upon walking out of the theater, i thought that while i enjoyed the film, i couldn't see ever needing to see it again, or wanting to have it in my collection. It seemed like a one off experience to me- very good for what it was, but not something you would eagerly re-visit. the last few months tho, i've found myself thinking back to it more and more. I really did enjoy spending time with these characters and actually had gotten a craving to see it again.
don't think i would have bought it, but since it was free...

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it's a rental for me =). my philosophy about owning a disc is if you want to watch it more than 5x. will you watch mil. dollar baby more than 5x? if not, return it. you'll find VERY few titles that you'll wanna watch 5x. the next question to ask is will you watch it 10x? and on and on. for somn like star wars, HELL YEAH! but this movie? psfh. noway for me. just one man's opinion =).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i used to have that view, but after a while i just came to conclusion that if i ever anticipated wanting to see it again, then i most likely would watch it several times over the years- and then the cost to have immediate access to it whenever i wanted made it a worthwhile purchase. I get cravings for certain movies at the oddest times, and by the time i can rent something, or get it in from netflix- that craving might have been replaced by something else.
A couple nights ago, for no reason at all- without going thru a long process of "well, what do i feel like watching tonight...nah not that...no not that one either", etc- i just reached for one of the earliest purchased titles in my collection and played it. no fuss, no muss- and had a complete blast seeing it again.

usually, if i appreciate a movie the first time around, and get an urge to want to see it again at some point- owning it will eventually be validated.

besides- can't take it back as it was a freebie- and definitely more appealing to me than TLS or POTO

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Picture quality is very nice, about equal to Phantom as being the best of Warner's first wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks