What's new

Ninja Turtles classic (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Apparently some site, can't remember the name of it now, said that after volume 3, DVD's will be released every 4 months, so that's at least 3 a year.

Good news if true, can anyone confirm? I just hope Lions Gate does a better quality control job to make up for the crummy V4..

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
We're going to try and call this Friday. We'll let you know if we get anywhere :).

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Does anyone know how many volumes there will be ?

I already own the first 4!

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Okay there are 193 episodes, and they have decided to have 13 episodes on each disc, which means there will be 14-15 volumes

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I wish they used some of the original VHS covers for the DVDs!
Volume 5 is just announced - check tvshowsondvd

John*D

Second Unit

Most of those covers were episode specific... but I know what you mean. It would be cool if they used or recreated them for the DVD menu's for each particular episode or for a episode guide booklet/insert.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I want them to not be afraid to use the Villians as Cover Images...
Get new Shredder and Krang art going!

Well, our new LG contact is out on Maternity leave, so we won't be getting any information out of her any time soon. But at least now we know why she was so busy and didn't get back to us after three weeks :). Good luck to her, heh.

But if anyone has any other numbers we can try, or FAX numbers that go to the proper people, Let me know and w e'll give it a try....hopefully we'll get some answers :).

Oh, BTW.....The 1989 season will be finished in December, if previous release schedules are kept. The reaming 11-12 episodes are all that's left of 1989.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Do we have a "plan"? What I mean for example:

Season 1 = Volumes 1-5
Season 2 = Volumes 6-11

etc etc..

About the Shredder and Krang artwork.. I wish they use the old artwork of them and not some new modern art of them..

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Our Lions Gate Contact responded!

Here's the information. One of the things I hate about email is that it's way too easy to misread and mis understand what's being typed. Unfortunatly the info about Space Usagi got confused with the regular series 2 USagi eps..

I'm not sure if she wants her name published, but she's a brand manager at Lions Gate... Here's the responses..

For the future dvd releases, will there be any extras available on them and if so, what could they include? Cast interviews? Toy documentaries? Bloopers?

NONE PLANNED, WE MAY BE DOING SOMEHTING SPECIAL IN THE SPRING OF 2007 LIKE A GIFSET, SO WE HAVE BEEN SAVING ANY SPECIAL FEATURES FOR THAT RELEASE. WE ALWAYS TRY TO MAKE THE PACKAGING SPECIAL, FOR EXAMPLE THE NEXT RELEASE WILL HAVE 3-D LENTICULAR PACKAGING! IT LOOKS VERY COOL.

There were two stand alone episodes featuring the character from TMNT, Usagi Yojimbo, called “Space Usagi”- do you know if these will be also available on any future dvd releases?

THE EPISODES USAGI YOJIMBO AND USAGI COME HOME WILL BE ON VOLUME 5, DUE OUT THIS AUGUST (THE ONE WITH 3-d PACKAGING!) (when she gets back from leave, we'll see if we can clarify this with her over the phone about the question mixup)

The Japanese created two TMNT episodes in the mid 90s. Would there be any chance of the episodes being dubbed into English and possibly with the TMNT voice cast from the original cartoon?

NO CURRENT PLANS FOR THIS. (We'll see if we can arrange a call in number to Lions Gate for fans to call to show that there IS interest in this..)

Is there any possibility of seeing more than one disc every 6 months? (Side note: I was informed by Fred Wolf Films that Volume 5 was in production.)

WE TRY TO RELEASE 3 A YEAR.

There have been numerous tracking errors in the mastering of the video used for the DVD release, plus tons of dirt specs. Can you explain to us how DVD mastering is done, and why some of these errors might get by unchecked? Is there a person watching the dubbing for quality control? (We are extremely glad the unedited masters are being used, no matter the quality!!)

I REALLY DON’T HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE MASTERING OF THE DVD’S. (hopefully She'll be able to forward us to someone in that department when she gets back.....I didn't really expect her to have any info since it's not her department, but just in case, I asked anyway :) )

6) Is it possible we could recieve future updates from you or your department? We'll be placing any updates on our site: http://www.twelveoclock.net

I’LL KEEP YOU IN THE LOOP AS MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS COME ABOUT!

There you have it. So we did get some interesting bits of news in the first question. I'm going to try and arrange it so we can have fans give input as to what we'd like to see on these gift sets, and hopefully lions gate can come through for us....as well as do a better job of mastering the edits. If they can improve this, I take back all I said about giving the rights to BCI for a better job :).

Thanks to our 'informant' for getting back to us, despite her personal schedule!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks