-

Photo
- - - - -

With "The Simpsons" movie now in production....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 of 71 JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted August 09 2006 - 07:06 PM

I love Season Eight! After reading your review Pavan, I've realised some of my favourite episodes are in there! Brother From Another Series is a definite highlight, and Homer's Phobia both spring to mind quickly. Treehouse of Horror is also an all-time great and Grade School Confidential is pretty funny and romantic at the same time. You Only Move Twice is a great villain spoof, and Homer's Enemy is classic Homer. I can really relate to Grimey.
I hope that the movie redeems itself. I can't take much more crap Simpsons. I watched The Wettest Stories Ever Told the other day, and I have to say that it was possibly the worst episode that I've ever seen. I just pray that the movie is above average, even if it isn't great, because it just has to be better than what's on now.
-James
Disney Rocks!

#62 of 71 Tom Rhea

Tom Rhea

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 06:38 AM

"Secondly, how hard is it for them to figure out a way to turn on the subtitles??? "

From an episode menu, choose select language, then choose which audio you want, then the menu flips and you select what subtitles you want. At least, that's the way the past few seasons have worked. Definitely not as easy as it should be.
Tom Rhea

#63 of 71 Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted August 10 2006 - 07:37 AM

Wow! Some of my all time favorite episodes in this set. There are quotes here my friends and i have been using since they aired ten years ago.

This is truly the last great season but I'll probably keep buying the sets. If I bought X Files Season 9 (which I REFUSED to watch when it aired) I will probably cave on the Scully years of Simpsons.
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.

#64 of 71 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,794 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 15 2006 - 09:12 AM

There's an easter egg on
disc one on You Only Move Twice's submenu, press left from 'Play Episode' and it'll highlight the film projector. It plays two quick deleted scenes (not found with the other deleted scenes) involving Grandpa.

#65 of 71 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,794 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 06:12 AM

Easter eggs on disc 2:
on the menu for The Twisted World Of Marge Simpson and Mountain Of Madness, press left from 'Play Episode' and it highlights the projector and you get more quick deleted scenes.

EDIT: Although people seem more interested about complaining about French words on the box instead of what's actually in the box, there's an egg on disc three.
On the menu for The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show. The same as before, you press left from 'Play Episode' and highlight the film projector and you get another deleted scene from that episode.

#66 of 71 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted August 23 2006 - 11:35 PM

Same procedure on disc 4 for the episode "The Old Man And The Lisa". Posted Image

#67 of 71 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,794 posts

Posted August 24 2006 - 03:13 AM

And if memory serves, Homer's Enemy has them too. It's pretty bad when I can't defintiviely remember seeing something a week ago. Posted Image

#68 of 71 Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted August 24 2006 - 10:17 AM

Thanks, Travis!

I wish the Simpsons had all their deleted scenes together on one disc. Sometimes I miss that scissor icon while I'm paying attention to the episode.

Fox had the branching deleted scenes with the X Files sets but also included the deleted scenes on the extras disc.
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.

#69 of 71 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 24 2006 - 02:50 PM

I don't know about season 8 but seasons 5-7 had deleted scenes reels on the last disc.

#70 of 71 Wezzo

Wezzo

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted August 24 2006 - 07:10 PM

Yes, S8 has the reel on disc 4 too.

#71 of 71 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,794 posts

Posted August 25 2006 - 01:47 AM

The ones that me and Christian pointed out aren't on the reel or the episode.