What's new

I hate Waterbugs!! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This morning I woke up and went in to use the bathroom, and as i'm standing there half asleep and taking care of business, I see this HUGE Waterbug crawling around behind the toilet! :frowning: I have always hated these things, and so I could not allow it to survive, I quickly finished up and ran to the kitchen to grab the RAID, I ran back to find the thing crawling across the floor and I doused it good with the RAID causing it to run. Finally, it comes to a stop and flips over onto it's back kicking it's disgusting little legs and finally stops moving. When I first spotted it, my first instinct was to turn my hose on it if you get my drift but, thankfully, clearer heads prevailed. ;)

I swear this thing was at least an inch and a half long and blacker than night...UGLY!! I half expected to see Johnny Rico from Starship Troopers riding on it's back lol!

Thankfully, that was only the third one i've ever seen in this apartment since moving in 3 years ago and it's always been in the bathroom, I think I need to seal up the rim of the toilet where it meets the floor, that's where they get in I think. It's a relatively insect-free place otherwise, except for the occasional spider, but they're always so tiny that I usually don't bother with them, I never even see one half the time.

Waterbugs are truly one insect that serve no purpose on this planet, they are big, ugly and disgusting and I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing one again. :frowning:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I can't think of much purpose for mousquitos either. Unless spreading disease is considered a purpose.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
One thing about mosquitos though is that they are food prey for birds and bats, and they have a better purpose for being on this planet..

Jay

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I cannot think of anyway that the dissapearance of waterbugs would affect the ecosystem.

These things are lowest, most baseless form of life anywhere in the universe.

My repulsion and fear of them is only matched by my hatred of these things.

The only good waterbug is a dead waterbug.

--
H

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've never seen a waterbug, but they can't be worse than cockroaches. I was watching my DVD of the '50s War of the Worlds one night when I felt a tickling on my arm. I turned on the light, looked down, and there was a nice little roach on me. The bastard crawled on my bed! And on me! Ugh! Fortunately, it was small and not one of the humongo ones, or I would have been screaming like a little girl. As it is, I flushed him and washed my sheets and blankets, at about two in the morning.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yes they are. Yeah, you've clearly never seen one.

They are several times bigger than cockroaches. And sometimes, they fly.

Ugh... the most fucking disgusting beings to crawl this earth.

And they are evil.

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know, as much as I really hate to defend these bastards of mother nature, I got brave and did some net surfing on them, and as it turns out they do serve at least one purpose.

I found a site that said waterbugs, if they do ANYTHING useful at all, do alert you to water leaks in your pipes. Where there's waterbugs, there's moisture and where there's moisture there's most likely a water leak.

You've really never seen a waterbug, Greg? I don't think i've ever envied anyone on this planet more than you. ;)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Are these the same as Palmetto Bugs?

They are pretty disgusting but I usually only see one or two a year inside the house that have come in from outside. If I see the smaller, German cockroaches I call the exterminator because I know I have an infestation. For every German cockroach you see there are many, many more hiding in the walls, etc...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Waterbugs are worse because they look just like a cockroach except that they're about half an inch to an inch bigger and are pitch BLACK, at least roaches are a happier brown color. ;)

They also crunch when you step on them because of their hard exoshell, not that i've ever stepped on one, I can't get that close. Isn't it amazing how a creature so much smaller than us can intimidate us so?

12 posts and no pics yet, I ain't lookin' for any that's for damn sure. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
At least in reading about roaches, I read that they don't carry disease per se. Their feces can be a problem, but I figured anything they walked on was diseased until the bacteria or whatever died.

Gross story #2: One night, I had just finished watching Rear Window for a film class and was in a pretty good mood, when I walked into the bathroom and saw a humongo roach in the bathtub. I grabbed a newspaper and hit it, and the damn thing exploded. There was white roach juice everywhere. That sucked.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bet it was Papa John's, right? I just tried that the other day and it was pretty good. Ordered right over the internet. Never done that before with pizza. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
LOL, actually, it was Grotto Pizza, but I LOVE me some Papa John's!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Papa John's is awesome. Unfortunately the closest one is half an hour away and won't deliver here. My fav was this white sauce chicken pizza deal they had some months ago, not sure it's still going on.

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was inevitable, I suppose, that a discussion about the worlds most disgusting bug would mutate into a discussion about pizza lol. ;)

"Hi, i'm Joe Rogan and welcome to Fear Factor..."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I loved that Papa John's had a "well done" option on their online order form. That made it good. It was cool not having to talk to anyone. I even thought of leaving the money on the porch with a note for the guy to just leave it, but I didn't want to be a *total* anti-social asshole. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks