Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Many rainchecks at my local Target this week...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ed Faver

Ed Faver

Second Unit

• 378 posts

Posted April 26 2006 - 12:20 PM

Anybody else have this experience? Today, I was in the Target I use most frequently, I found the new releases endcap a virtual ghost town with plenty of pads of rainchecks. Some of these were for the series sets that are on sale, but the remainder were for this week's releases, esp. Aeon Flux, Shopgirl, & Match Point. I wonder if they were short-shipped or bargain hunters just overbought? In any case the top FIVE shelves were empty, with rain checks offered!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   raulC

raulC

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted April 26 2006 - 02:23 PM

It seemed that at my Target(s) they had more than their usual amounts of all the DVDs that were on sale, including the tv sets. The only raincheck pad was for South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut for $6.50. I was tempted to pick some up...the week isn't over yet, i'll see what happens.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Justin1

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts

Posted April 29 2006 - 10:37 AM

The bigger retailers typically sell new releases at a loss. So, Mom and Pa stores (small dvd stores, rental outlets, etc.) usually will buy their titles from Target/Wal-Mart because they are much cheaper than ordering through their supply chain. I see that a lot at about 8:05 after Target opens. People with hand carts overflowing with new releases. This sucks because its tough to catch (most cashiers could care less) and really pisses off the rest of the customers.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted April 30 2006 - 03:04 AM

Target had that great sale on various TV series and they were out of several by the time I went there on Monday. I got a raincheck for Season 5 of West Wing. By the time I went back on Wednesday, they were also out of Season 3.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Wendy_L

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted May 08 2006 - 11:37 PM

I just picked up Seasons 1 - 4 of "Gilmore Girls" for $22.99. What else is onsale? Is there a way to look it up?
Who needs a life when you have TV?
My Current Top 10: Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Medium, Veronica Mars, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Entourage, Survivor
Top 3 All-Time Favorites: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Friends
I Still Miss: Tru Calling, Once &...

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,276 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 12:06 AM

I have suspected this happens but have never seen anybody state it so clearly before. It is easy to blame the small stores who shouldn't be doing this but I understand their frustration with the system. Target and Wal-Mart need to state plainly no dealers and then enforce the quantity limitations. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users