What's new

Many rainchecks at my local Target this week... (1 Viewer)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Anybody else have this experience? Today, I was in the Target I use most frequently, I found the new releases endcap a virtual ghost town with plenty of pads of rainchecks. Some of these were for the series sets that are on sale, but the remainder were for this week's releases, esp. Aeon Flux, Shopgirl, & Match Point. I wonder if they were short-shipped or bargain hunters just overbought? In any case the top FIVE shelves were empty, with rain checks offered!

raulC

Grip
It seemed that at my Target(s) they had more than their usual amounts of all the DVDs that were on sale, including the tv sets. The only raincheck pad was for South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut for $6.50. I was tempted to pick some up...the week isn't over yet, i'll see what happens.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
The bigger retailers typically sell new releases at a loss. So, Mom and Pa stores (small dvd stores, rental outlets, etc.) usually will buy their titles from Target/Wal-Mart because they are much cheaper than ordering through their supply chain. I see that a lot at about 8:05 after Target opens. People with hand carts overflowing with new releases. This sucks because its tough to catch (most cashiers could care less) and really pisses off the rest of the customers.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Target had that great sale on various TV series and they were out of several by the time I went there on Monday. I got a raincheck for Season 5 of West Wing. By the time I went back on Wednesday, they were also out of Season 3.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I just picked up Seasons 1 - 4 of "Gilmore Girls" for $22.99. What else is onsale? Is there a way to look it up?

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I have suspected this happens but have never seen anybody state it so clearly before. It is easy to blame the small stores who shouldn't be doing this but I understand their frustration with the system. Target and Wal-Mart need to state plainly no dealers and then enforce the quantity limitations.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks