What's new

Anybody ever heard of Divinci? (3 Viewers)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
hmm. This sounds very white van. There's a Da Vinci Audio Labs, but they sell phonographs. White van speakers are often sold under vaguely familiar names.

If you visit Di Vinci's website, you might notice the marketing copy seems a little off. Why exactly is platinum heat resistant wiring a feature?

Oh, and they do boast about the list price of $3600. A very bad sign. It's amazing what $3600 will buy in speakers, today... Maybe a trip down to Tweeter or Myer Emco will be useful, just so that you could honestly say "I ordered the Di Vincis and they don't sound like a $3600 speaker system."

run. run far away.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
HA HA that's a great site, certainly NOT a good manufacturer. Look at the receiver, not a licensed technology in the lot. HUGH power output without any stats.

I love sites like that, they always make me laugh.

B

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Its definatly a white van speaker. Ive seen those exact speakers under the theater research and dogg digital names. They just change there name everyonce in awhile to try to fool people. How the hell can a passive speaker be digital?

And also, wtf would a subwoofer have a pre-amp in it?

haha, you were right, these receiver specs are a riot!

"2000 Watt A/V Receiver
400 Watts/Channel/8 Ohms
HD Pro FX Digital Processor
DPS 5.1 Pro Sound III Decoder
Mp3 Digital Pro Input
HDTV-Compatible
2S-Video In/Outputs
AM/FM Long Range Tuner
AC-3 Active Scan A/V Inputs
5Hz~55kHz Frequency Response
0.09% Total Harmonic Distortion
Cooling System Fan
Full Function Remote Control "

HD compatable, where are the digital inputs?
Dude, DPS surround sound is awsome! Cooling system fan?! Awsome, dont want that cooling system to overheat! I would make a smart ass comment about everyone of the specs listed but ill save it.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
If you scroll to the bottom of the BBB page for theater research you will see the exact speaker set that is listed on the Divinci Ebay auction that was posted initially. Classic.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
It's not the Better Business Bureau. It's the Fair Business Association of America, which sounds vaguely legitimate

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well they're not White Van. I can't pin the manufacturer, but DiVinci's products are sourced either from China or Taiwan. The language thing and the spec's, I admit are a bit funny sounding. However, that's just a result of poor translation being done overseas. For example, consider the following Chinese Manufacturer, Yw GoldTone, http://goldtone.manufacturer.globals...GetProduct.htm

There's not much in the way of spec's for this system and it's hard to gauge its size. It just might be that this is nothing more than a system that a person might hook up to their computer, video game system, or serve as a fairly inexpensive setup in a small room. The list price, well, that's just a person getting carried away. It's kind of like when you go into some supermarkets and they're selling watches that have a list price of $199.95, but if you use your supermarket card, you can get 2 for $10. Plus the case!

Doing a WHOIS on Davinci's website indicates its registered to...
SPRECISION TRANSDUCER SYSTEM
[email protected]
1950 S GROVE AVE
ONTARIO, CA 91761
US
Phone: 909-930-0028

and you'll find the manuals all download from www.ptstitan.com which is registered to TUCOWS INC. That's pretty interesting. Makes me wonder if TUCOWS has a direct affiliation with SPRECISION.

As to how good it sounds, I'd imagine it's significantly better than the speakers in your TV. If you're interested in it, I'd toss some emails their way and see what kind of responses you get.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"HUGH power output without any stats."

Never mind my poor english:)

"www.ptstitan.com"

Am I the only guy that reads "www.pitstain.com:?:)

Brent

And it's really tough to miss trnaslate DPL2x, or DTS:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks