Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Info on vintage energy pro22 speakers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Ryan T

Ryan T

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted April 24 2006 - 05:46 PM

I was at my local thrift store today and picked up a pair of energy Pro22's for $50. I tried to do some research online but there isnt much about them other than a few tid bit about them being the flagship model in 1982.

"1982 | Energy Pro22 Series
This series was an absolute breakthrough in sonic performance. Featuring the "million-dollar" Dual Hyperdome Tweeter, the Pro 22 Series was engineered to better handle high and middle frequencies while eliminating resonance. Later that year, the Energy 22 was selected to be the Reference model for the NRC and the CBC."

They are in pretty good shape. The enclosures are a bit banged up with some scratches and chips here and there but nothing major. Heres the delima though. Both tweeters are blown Posted Image. I called energy and its $120 per tweeter to get them rebuilt. Aparently the dual hyperdome tweeter is pretty rare and they only have a few. Something to do with the fact that the tweeter faceplate isnt made anymore or something. Anyway I'm just trying to get some info on them to see if its worth having energy rebuild the tweeters or not.

Ryan