What's new

Doom and Apollo 13 Acquired in Lower NY! (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Look what I found....

Post Edited By Administrator - Please Don't Name Retailers that Break Steet Dates!

I found these at a local retailer in lower NY. They DO NOT have any HD-DVDs on display they are in the back. I went to go pick up my in store order which they did not prepare...guy goes in the back comes back out and says I don't know where were gonna put these things...we just got Doom and Apollo 13 too! So I asked him if I could get those he said sure but they box just came in. So he goes in the back and gets me one of each! I'll give a review of the audio/video when I'm done watching! If you are interested in which retailer, email or pm me....I don't want to get them in trouble for breaking street....I will say it's in lower NY though...not NYC

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I know you posted about the great image quality at AVS forum, but how about repeating that here.

Come on, spread the joy! (can't wait 'til tuesday!)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Oops, sorry.

I re-read your post and I may have mistaken you for someone else.

Either way, definitely chime in once you've seen them!

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Well like I said on AVS...the Apollo 13 looks sick! Very vintage, classic, film like quality that I've never seen before which really adds to the movie. Doom has some of the deepest and most detailed blacks I've ever scene. The use of blue lighting in the black creates an almost 3D look on the profiles of some of the characters. The audio on Doom is insane. And Apollo 13 sounds great if not better than the SD...but I can't give an honest opinion on if it's better. I do now own the SD version of Doom to compare. i think these are both worth owning and I think Doom will be a good reference title.

Real Name
John S. Troutman
I'm probably the only person on the planet actively looking forward to HD Doom. I LOVED the movie, because - yes - it was incredibly bad, but I find it to be terrible is the best possible way. It's bloody hilarious and fun to watch, not to mention that it's shockingly faithful to the source material.

My new demo material is probably gonna be the FPS segment. Not that I have anyone to actually demo my display too...

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
doom is a bad movie because doom the game is a bad game (both in terms of stories). but what the movie did was show the future possibilities of what a game could look like in a pre-rendered fashion. imaginge playing that detailed of CG in REAL TIME instead of polygon blocks =).

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
How is Doom faithful to the game? I thought the monsters in the game were from hell and the gateway was supposed to lead to hell.

In the movie they go to a research station on Mars...what's the deal

Real Name
John S. Troutman
Given, this has nothing to do with HD-DVD, but at the risk of veering completely off-topic: the Doom movie changed the basic premise somewhat, but also stole entire setpieces from Doom 3. I know this mostly because my friend was jibbering at my side about it constantly in the theater. ;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Hey, thems fighting words around here! Don't forget the official reviewer actually LIKED that movie! =)

Will hope to pick up a copy tomorrow, but dont expect any kind of massive review on it for a few days.

Sam

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

this movie doesnt get any help from word shortening.
is fps something that would want me to watch the movie."

frames per second??

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
FPS = First Person Shooter.

You know, the thing you will want to do if you actually watch this abomination.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks