What's new

Day Watch (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
For fans of Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor), DAY WATCH is available on DVD from alldvd.ca. I only paid $23 with shipping. The transfer is pretty good...with some artifacting and banding at times. But, a solid B. The 5.1 soundtrack is GREAT! The subtitles are sub-par, but they'll do in a pinch.

I loved the movie! Anyone else seen it?

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Managed to get my hands on a copy of Day watch today and i'm extremely dissapointed.Although It's unrated and includes bonus features not mentioned on the packaging namely a dorector's commentary,trailers and tv spots,Fox have really dropped the ball as far as I'm concerned with the subtitles.Instead of giving us the cool animated subtitles that appeared on the Night watch dvd,all we get here is crappy player generated subtitles:frowning: hopefully Fox in the UK will manage to get it right when the dvd is released here.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Very disappointing news -- and surprising given how well the Night Watch DVD was handled.

If the Region 2 does a better job, please let us know. This is one of those situations where player-generated subtitles do real damage to the film's art design.

M.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Night Watch had the most amazing subtitles that I've ever seen in a film. I never saw Day Watch in the theater, though. Did Day Watch have cool subtitles in the theater or just regular ones?

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes,Day Watch has the same animated subtitles as Night Watch,which makes it even more annoying that they are not present on the dvd.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Here in NZ, the initial release of Night Watch only had player-generated subtitles. I was so annoyed by this, I refused to buy it.

Then a couple of months ago, Fox released the film as one of its "Definitive Edition" titles. Normally, these are just repackaging exercises of old discs, but the Night Watch actually included a second disc with the theatrical subtitles. Very cool. Bought that as soon as it was released.

Sad to hear the r1 doesn't get the theatrical subtitles. Hopefully on a rerelease though?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Matthew NIGHTWATCH in Definitive edition???
Where can I buy it from online? PLAY doesnt list it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks